Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
I know all about waterboy more than you've even spoken of, but I'm talking ON ICE, IN GAME shenanigans not how great he was away from the stage. Yes he was awesome away from the ice. I stand by my comments. I'll take cups over long fruitless runs every year. Now for those that don't understand. Yes a long run followed by a cup win is the goal. But endless runs with no cup.... I'll pass! Yes I'm a STH. Have been for most of my life. Yes i pay my own way too. I'm there as well to see players excell. Spits do a damn good job at that too, and not just players, look at the coaches with Windsor ties. We've got a few that like to stir the pot here. I guess it's best to ignore them rather than react to the negativity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hockeylegend11

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Talking about lack of playoff success is in the past too, mentioning 7 years,as long as anybody brings up the past in the negative I will bring the positive
Do I prefer otherwise
Yes I do.
Why can't we start from the drafts forward?
I am willing are u?
Could be tough for you

You r the one that posted u don't want to bring up the past. And than u do.

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

stips

Apr 3, 2016
For the couple of really, really negative Windsor posters, buy the OHL package and watch "perfect" London!

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
I know I promised myself I wouldn’t post until after August 1st but this tweet really riled me up ,,,

Matvei Guskov Signs With London Knights...apparently this guy who London signed in the 2nd round of the import draft is so good he’s expected to go in the top 10 of next year’s NHL draft according to Pro hockey rumours. Will it never end...As you were...

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I know I promised myself I wouldn’t post until after August 1st but this tweet really riled me up ,,,

Matvei Guskov Signs With London Knights...apparently this guy who London signed in the 2nd round of the import draft is so good he’s expected to go in the top 10 of next year’s NHL draft according to Pro hockey rumours. Will it never end...As you were...
Guskov was a first round Import selection.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
These "Fans" during the good times.....lets be honest.....they were band wagon fans, not real fans!! People have many legitimate reasons for now going to the game. 1. Personal Finances 2. Weather 3. School Night 4. It's Televised 5. They are busy. Etc. To get back to my first statement, There are people that will only go to games when the team is on top, happens in every city!! I appreciate the comments real fans give!! The ones that stick with the team through the good and the bad!! That's a real fan!! I can only speak for myself but I am a adament hockey fan and have played the game since I was 3 years old, I love going to the games, I am not concerned with concession prices as I have seen much worse, I have never had a issue with parking,.....I have never had a issue period! To each their own. What I do find entertaining at times other times really annoyed,.... the constant complaining on this thread. There are team threads on this website from teams that have not won anything in years.....decades!! and there is less complaining there!! I know it's my choice to read or participate in the discussions on here......and I will be the first to admit I have engaged in the stupidness that fills this thread. I personally think that more people would participate on here if there was less grade school drama!!

If these are your top 5 reasons and I can buy them all. What would constitute a "real fan"? If you pay attention to the team, watch it on tv, but choose not to attend games would they be real fans or no?? There isn't a badge or reward for being a "real fan." I like hockey and will watch every game on dvr and I find it better than going to a game because with a dvr you can actually look back at a play and see who screwed up and what preceded the goal etc.. It's too difficult to just wait for a replay of the game later in the evening or next day/weekend.

The concession prices is a non starter with me going to clean eating/greens/chicken/fish none of the stuff in the arena would appeal to me to begin with. The parking issue obviously it's been a hot button topic for the past 9 years and the Spits are still trying to address it. I would be surprised if they found a better option.

Those teams that have boards who haven't won much recently and less complaining there are probably fewer posts to begin with. That can be categorized as apathy. In other words if the team won fine, if they lost fine. It doesn't matter because barring a lot of good things happening with that team the apathy will remain. If people want to join the discussion that's fine if they don't that's fine as well.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Nobody knows what the Spits import pick will amount to. I don't think there was any plan to originally draft a goalie. With that being said we have seen in the past a guy the Spits wanted to select got picked before he got to them. The question is if the goalie was a plan B and if he can perform like a plan B. Spits wanted Tolchinksy and selected Ionin. Spits wanted Burakovsky and selected De la Rose(Salo lied to Rychel....) Spits wanted Bokk and selected Kozhevnikov. We can say guys that showed up were plan Bs but they played like plan D, E, F, G.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
If these are your top 5 reasons and I can buy them all. What would constitute a "real fan"? If you pay attention to the team, watch it on tv, but choose not to attend games would they be real fans or no?? There isn't a badge or reward for being a "real fan." I like hockey and will watch every game on dvr and I find it better than going to a game because with a dvr you can actually look back at a play and see who screwed up and what preceded the goal etc.. It's too difficult to just wait for a replay of the game later in the evening or next day/weekend.

The concession prices is a non starter with me going to clean eating/greens/chicken/fish none of the stuff in the arena would appeal to me to begin with. The parking issue obviously it's been a hot button topic for the past 9 years and the Spits are still trying to address it. I would be surprised if they found a better option.

Those teams that have boards who haven't won much recently and less complaining there are probably fewer posts to begin with. That can be categorized as apathy. In other words if the team won fine, if they lost fine. It doesn't matter because barring a lot of good things happening with that team the apathy will remain. If people want to join the discussion that's fine if they don't that's fine as well.

I would consider a "Real Fan" to be somebody that follows the team through the good and the bad...not just the good! A "Real Fan" of course can watch all the games on tv, follow the team through social media etc. You say there is not a badge, not everything is has to visable, by someone following the team on a regular basis in today's world it show's most on social media, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc......You will always see the same names.....like on here....but with less drama! lol My preference is to be a STH, go to the games in person, but I do watch away games and I also have the OHL Action Pack as I watch multiple games. My stance on the OHL might be different than others for personal reasons. I have seen other teams threads on here......and saying there is less drama and stupid shit on their threads is because there are less poster's is true to a certain extent. The amount of immature bickering and "hurt feelings" on this Windsor Spitfire thread takes the cake!! It's why I posted that certain poster's on here should debate or settle their beefs in a pm!! There is a good chance other people would join on here and share their thoughts if there was not so much stupid crap on here. I personally think if certain people are still bickering / taking pot shot's at each other for the better part of 5 years......it's cowardly and comes across as trolling....or maybe they are trying to over compensate for something lacking in their lives.

Reactions: Teflon and OHLTG

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Here’s a tweet from Cedric Schiemenz sp who (no surprise) has signed to play in Europe this year.

Excited for this opportunity with @Eisbaeren_B looking forward to being home again.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
With more Euro players signing with their respective new OHL teams ,look for Spits to announce the signing of their 1st Rd Kari Piiroinen, Finnish goaltender any day now perhaps today.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Good step in the right direction. The one thing I noticed on the Spitfires' article about this - when talking about the relationship between DiPietro and Piiroinen, the team said "“He’s a great addition to our team that will provide us depth behind Mikey (Michael DiPietro) in the immediate future."

Key word there, for me at least, is "immediate."

stips

Apr 3, 2016
The announcement is to cushion the blow of London's signings, that's the way WR usually works!

Signing Kari Piiroinen is great news, and came as fully expected. I imagine something is soon to be announced regarding DePietro. Once the Spits moved from a sniper in the Euro draft, to a goalie, it would make you think a trade has been initiated.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
The timing wouldn't shock me at all, when compared to London. That said, with August right around the corner, getting this done so they could consider dealing DiPietro pre-training camp is a smart idea.

One thing to add (and I'm legit not trying to stir anything, it's just a pure observation) - we finally get some GOOD news and this place has gone quiet. It's not like something drastic happened (it's still July), but, no arguing and everyone goes quiet. I find that odd, like people WANT to argue or something. Again, observation, nothing more.

Reactions: randomhero4life

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
The timing wouldn't shock me at all, when compared to London. That said, with August right around the corner, getting this done so they could consider dealing DiPietro pre-training camp is a smart idea.

One thing to add (and I'm legit not trying to stir anything, it's just a pure observation) - we finally get some GOOD news and this place has gone quiet. It's not like something drastic happened (it's still July), but, no arguing and everyone goes quiet. I find that odd, like people WANT to argue or something. Again, observation, nothing more.
I have to admit that I'm looking forward to Euro goalies returning to the O. It sounds like you guys have a "keeper" (pun intended). He'll appreciate that clown behind the net at the WFCU who wears the Finland jersey. ;)

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I have to admit that I'm looking forward to Euro goalies returning to the O. It sounds like you guys have a "keeper" (pun intended). He'll appreciate that clown behind the net at the WFCU who wears the Finland jersey. ;)

Haha I'm told the jersey had to stay home last season but it still makes appearances on the road. That said, I was also told Nattinen did a double-take when the Suomi jacket made an appearance Memorial Cup season :laugh:

Randomhero - I don't miss the arguing, just find it funny that people DO come here in droves until something good happens then... crickets.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Haha I'm told the jersey had to stay home last season but it still makes appearances on the road. That said, I was also told Nattinen did a double-take when the Suomi jacket made an appearance Memorial Cup season :laugh:

Randomhero - I don't miss the arguing, just find it funny that people DO come here in droves until something good happens then... crickets.
I rarely get excited about signings. These are players that I know nothing about. I will wait until Christmas to throw my 3 cents in. If it is anything like my opinion of Stairikov at Christmas. :( Even after a few months you don't always get a read on first year players right - sigh!

Last edited:

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Hopefully the signing of the fin goalie will be a good thing. As been said most times wait n see how he plays.
Waiting for the dipietro deal really. Then the rebuild or cycle will be done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot