Windsor Spitfires 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer48

Jan 3, 2017
Somebody tell me why Rocky Racoon had Purboo and McCool on the ice in the last 3 minutes?
Both got scored on. Jeez Louise. Time for Bowler to move up?

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
What a pathetic performance other than vilardi.
This team is a laughing stock.
No way u let a 3 goal lead go with 5 minutes left.
If this keeps up they will be an early first round exist. Enjoy the month break in the playoffs till the Memorial Cup.

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
wait what?! :huh:

Were you watching the game? They scored 4 goals in 7 minutes to win the game. We were up 5-2 with under 5 minutes left and Sarnia tied it with 18 seconds left to force overtime which is why I said great to get a point but the way we were playing, we didn't deserve to win and we didn't. Wasn't a good ending that's for sure.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

This is a game to look over defensive coverage. Not a good game from defence or Culina (he did make some good saves, though).

Awful game by Culina,3 bad goals on the night,no business going to OT.
Usually don't fault Goalie,but 3 bad goals 2 by Spinozzi,his 1st 2, and Katya's knuckler.In OT needs to come up big and didn't.
I would have changed Goalies at 4

Boomer48

Jan 3, 2017
Usually don't fault Goalie,but 3 bad goals 2 by Spinozzi,his 1st 2, and Katya's knuckler.In OT needs to come up big and didn't.

Ya but rocky can't think that fast !

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I don't understand how one of the best defensive teams just blew a 3 goal lead with 3 minutes left. There needs to be more accountability and sense of urgency but as mentioned before I think there truly is a lack of leadership with this group. I hope nobody on this team or any of the coaches is satisfied with a point. I doubt Culina gets more than 3 games the rest of the year the Spits just can't afford to play their backup when they may not even get home ice during a Memorial Cup hosting year.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
My faith in Culina just went out the door, down the street and onto the highway and out of town, he couldn't stop 4 shots in the last 2 minutes, yikes. Puts us in 5th place, shades of last year starting to shine through. This team has some serious issues and no time to sort them out.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011

Giving up 3 goal lead with 5 minutes left regardless of the goalie is just plain bad. Especially against a team like Sarnia that is good .. not great.

Just not good at all.
But again it's 1 week into the trades..give it time.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

I don't understand how one of the best defensive teams just blew a 3 goal lead with 3 minutes left. There needs to be more accountability and sense of urgency but as mentioned before I think there truly is a lack of leadership with this group. I hope nobody on this team or any of the coaches is satisfied with a point. I doubt Culina gets more than 3 games the rest of the year the Spits just can't afford to play their backup when they may not even get home ice during a Memorial Cup hosting year.

Get what u are saying, except 2 of the last 3 goals leading to OT were soft won't blame the D

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Legend, that was kind of what I was thinking. I realize Culina has solid numbers but something about his game just...it scares me. I would have considered DiPietro tonight and Culina on Sunday.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

Legend, that was kind of what I was thinking. I realize Culina has solid numbers but something about his game just...it scares me. I would have considered DiPietro tonight and Culina on Sunday.

I would have played Dipietro if he were good to go as well.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Face offs are a huge issue - never won one in the last 8 minutes and when you play a team that never quits, and you lay back - Sarnia deserves this win, they worked their butt off, we coasted at the end - awful game.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
On the plus side, five goals offensively is good. People like to complain about a lack of offensive sizzle. Well, here we go. We just have to avoid having these defensive breakdowns. I'll take the point. Yes, we're probably in fifth now (I think), but we're a point away from getting right back in it and we have Saginaw on Sunday. I like those odds.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
On the plus side, five goals offensively is good. People like to complain about a lack of offensive sizzle. Well, here we go. We just have to avoid having these defensive breakdowns. I'll take the point. Yes, we're probably in fifth now (I think), but we're a point away from getting right back in it and we have Saginaw on Sunday. I like those odds.
You also liked the odds saying we have Sarnia and Saginaw this weekend. Saginaw plays us tough - Sarnia just beat us, odds not all that good if we don't show up.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015

Spits 58 pt, Attack 57

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Get what u are saying, except 2 of the last 3 goals leading to OT were soft won't blame the D

Totally Agree!! Culina was not screened on the last 3 goals he let in. Most goalies drop to butterfly.....they don't start in that position!!! I am also one to never completely fault a goalie (back up or not) but Culina was a bum tonight!!:shakehead.........Atleast the Soo lost tonight!!

Last edited:

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Well the last goal was a clean draw and Spinozzi had a clean shot from 30 feet away. Last night late in OT the Rangers won a draw and Mascherin walked right in. This is an issue late in games, either winning/losing the draw or coverage. This is a type of game that could cost them at the end of the year.

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
Interesting article on Rychel turning his attention to Keller, Frederic, Pearson and Warren. Trying to add 1 or 2 of them until the Feb 10th deadline and 2 cards left. Says there is a 1 percent chance Fischer comes back. You would have to think he talked to Chayka on Warren and Keller when talking Fischer.

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

Totally Agree!! Culina was not screened on the last 3 goals he let in. Most goalies drop to butterfly.....they don't start in that position!!! I am also one to never completely fault a goalie (back up or not) but Culina was a bum tonight!!:shakehead.........Atleast the Soo lost tonight!!

One positive thing
We gained ground on the Hounds
They allow 6 in regulation with their #1goalie between the pipes
Now trail by 4 points with the 2 games in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad