Windsor Spitfires 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Even you have to admit that this was a good game. They played a full 60 minutes, had everyone doing their job, and they dominated the Spirit in both ends.

No way windsor should be losing to Saginaw.
I wouldn't be getting all giddy over this win!
Played for a full 60 min? Highly doubt it. They played better I'd agree there.
There is still a lot of passengers on this team.

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012

True that they shouldn't lose to Saginaw, and they didn't lose to Saginaw. What exactly is there to be negative about? :dunno:

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
We have a rough game in Sarnia and questions are asked, we beat a tired but fiesty team today in Saginaw - I'm still seeing some unanswered questions - Why are Angle and Corcoran the healthy scratches for today? Purboo although a year older is still a rookie, can't keep rewarding his play and then sit others that play better? McEneny looked fine today out played others, maybe a healthy scratch woke him up?
Line juggling is driving me crazy- I know line testing goes on this time of year to figure out who plays best with who - but at least give them more than one shift together!
McCool - enough said.
Brown as pointed out yesterday is the straw that stirs the drink. When he plays he draws so much attention and effort from the other teams that he wears them down. Maybe not always on the score sheet but he makes himself hard to handle and others can do their thing when he is out there. Starting to see that this team needs him healthy and on the ice.
Vilardi - did not look well today - seen him a couple of times skate up the ice and then right back to the bench - not himself - flu?
Mikey saved us at the end - coasted all game and then stole the last 5 minutes for us.
We got 5 of a possible 6 points this weekend - I think the problem I see is a team that just seems to be lacking something - Maybe they get it rolling but by mid-March and I can stop with the whining.
Another tough road test in Kitchener on Tuesday - no rest for the wicked.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

Let's be fair - the moment they lose this game, people would be all over them for every little mistake they make. Proof? Friday night in Sarnia.

There might be a few passengers, but this was as much a "team win" as we've had lately. You can try to paint it a different way but we all saw it.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Let's be fair - the moment they lose this game, people would be all over them for every little mistake they make. Proof? Friday night in Sarnia.

There might be a few passengers, but this was as much a "team win" as we've had lately. You can try to paint it a different way but we all saw it.

I know what I saw.
Don't agree.

Percyma

Oct 30, 2011

So, most things considered, not a bad performance by a team that is considered to be a 'laughing stock' huh?

Oh, by the way, most 'laughing stock' teams don't have a winning percentage of 0.732 :amazed:

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
We have a rough game in Sarnia and questions are asked, we beat a tired but fiesty team today in Saginaw - I'm still seeing some unanswered questions - Why are Angle and Corcoran the healthy scratches for today? Purboo although a year older is still a rookie, can't keep rewarding his play and then sit others that play better? McEneny looked fine today out played others, maybe a healthy scratch woke him up?
Line juggling is driving me crazy- I know line testing goes on this time of year to figure out who plays best with who - but at least give them more than one shift together!
McCool - enough said.
Brown as pointed out yesterday is the straw that stirs the drink. When he plays he draws so much attention and effort from the other teams that he wears them down. Maybe not always on the score sheet but he makes himself hard to handle and others can do their thing when he is out there. Starting to see that this team needs him healthy and on the ice.
Vilardi - did not look well today - seen him a couple of times skate up the ice and then right back to the bench - not himself - flu?
Mikey saved us at the end - coasted all game and then stole the last 5 minutes for us.
We got 5 of a possible 6 points this weekend - I think the problem I see is a team that just seems to be lacking something - Maybe they get it rolling but by mid-March and I can stop with the whining.
Another tough road test in Kitchener on Tuesday - no rest for the wicked.

I think there's very little fight left in that Saginaw team. They played ok last night but overall this week was awful for them. Windsor did what they needed to do but they will have to continue to pick up their play.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Thoughts on today's game,nice games from Sergachev, Luchuk, Dipietro when needed,though he should have had the lone goal by Hodgson, Laishram more impressive every game, Chatfield solid 2 way game, overall decent team effort, better puck management,took advantage of a tired team Saginaw for the most part didn't show alot of spunk.
Scoring 5 goals without the likes of Vilardi,Brown, Bracco,Day and Nattinen not registering a single shows some offensive depth, though Nattinen missed a good part of the game because of a couple injuries suffered through the course of action.Think Bracco needs to shoot more rather then looking for the perfect play, otherwise think he will be fine.
Spits now 5-1-1 in their last 7.
Busy schedule ahead Tues at Kitchener,then Thursday home game vs Ottawa, Saturday vs Niagara,and Sunday vs Guelph all home games.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Missed the game today but just watched it on Cogeco, I gotta say they looked pretty good!! I gotta agree with a lot of the other posters here..overall good team win!! Good to see Sergi looking like his old self. Getting 5 of a possible 6 points the last few games is also a reason to be happy. Good to see Rocky mixing up the lines, seeing the best on ice chemistry is vital. Remember the old saying "Rome was not built in a day" Looking forward to Tuesday night against Kitchener :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad