Windsor Spitfires 2014-15 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

Wether Spits draft 2nd or third you'll get the same player. ( unless you grabbed McLeod at 2, but I'm guessing no)

I think you are correct re McLeod, but which of Levin, Tippett or Vilardi is it.
Wonder who Sudbury is picking
If the Wolves take Levin, I am thinking Vilardi, if they choose Tippett, I am hoping Levin
Pretty sure Wolves won't take Vilardi because of family history,would be shocked if the Wolves selected McLeod as mentioned more then once in their thread.

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
Absolute class by the Windsor players to wait on the ice and shake the hands of the Hound players, just as if it was the end of a playoff series. Have never seen this in the regular season before. The gesture showed true character of each player. Kudos.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Absolute class by the Windsor players to wait on the ice and shake the hands of the Hound players, just as if it was the end of a playoff series. Have never seen this in the regular season before. The gesture showed true character of each player. Kudos.

Agreed, too bad Murphy chose not to join his teammates though..could visibly tell he was frustrated all night, even breaking a stick on the bench after smashing it against the boards

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Wether Spits draft 2nd or third you'll get the same player. ( unless you grabbed McLeod at 2, but I'm guessing no)

While you may get the same player in the OHL entry draft by picking 2nd or 3rd there would/could be a big difference in the player you would/could get in the Import draft.....

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
True enough Punch.
Althou urban legend has it some import picks maybe arranged ahead of time.
Better having the early pick as u suggest to prevent someone possibly scooping your pick in the import

herc511

Dec 11, 2014
Sault Ste Marie

Totally agree, great gesture, pure class. Thanks Windsor Spitfire's and their organization.:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Agreed, too bad Murphy chose not to join his teammates though..could visibly tell he was frustrated all night, even breaking a stick on the bench after smashing it against the boards

If Murphy didn't participate in the handshake line this is a sign of a team that isn't on the same page at all. He wears an A he has the responsibility of being out there. Every other player did it why don't you? He is suspended twice down the stretch and does this the last game? He either plays next year without any letter or you ship him out. He sets a bad example for the rest of his young teammates.

hounds fan

Sep 10, 2006
SSM

Kitchener did it to us 3 years ago when we didn't make the playoffs, it was the final regular season game here at home.

Spitsy

Mar 21, 2015
If Murphy didn't participate in the handshake line this is a sign of a team that isn't on the same page at all. He wears an A he has the responsibility of being out there. Every other player did it why don't you? He is suspended twice down the stretch and does this the last game? He either plays next year without any letter or you ship him out. He sets a bad example for the rest of his young teammates.

Agree 100%

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Agree 100%

If the organization is really committed to changing the culture it would be the right move. Murphy doesn't represent the embodiment of a changing culture, I can only imagine what the fans would say if Ho-Sang didn't come out for the handshake. I am sure Murphy will be given the benefit of the doubt by fans though because he's the hometown kid. I am sure Murphy will get carte blanche from some of the fans.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits with the win by Missy 4-2 over Peterborough will pick 2nd in the priority
draft and 6th in the Euro the highest since the Spits drafted Taylor Hall 2nd

Here is the order for the 1st 6

1- Sudbury
2-Windsor
3-Flint
4-Missy

5-Peter
6-Saggy

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
All works out in the end. I have a feeling Missy wants McLeod and Flint wants Vilardi to play with their brothers. I want Windsor to get Levin, so if Sudbury takes Tippett, every team is happy. If Levin is taken by Sudbury, who would Windsor take?

Also, I guess owning Sudbury's 2nd round pick isn't much of an upgrade as if we has owned our own pick. Who has it, and from what trade?

Lastly, does anyone know any targets Windsor should have for the import draft?

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
All works out in the end. I have a feeling Missy wants McLeod and Flint wants Vilardi to play with their brothers. I want Windsor to get Levin, so if Sudbury takes Tippett, every team is happy. If Levin is taken by Sudbury, who would Windsor take?

Also, I guess owning Sudbury's 2nd round pick isn't much of an upgrade as if we has owned our own pick. Who has it, and from what trade?

Lastly, does anyone know any targets Windsor should have for the import draft?

Sarnia has Windsor's 2nd this year , they got it in the Deangelo trade to SSM not sure how SSM got it.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Sarnia has Windsor's 2nd this year , they got it in the Deangelo trade to SSM not sure how SSM got it.

SSM got Windsor"s 2nd in a trade for Jake Carrick,in the season when Missy was hosting and the Spits went to the final 4 before being ousted by Owen Sd

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
The number 2 pick only means something if they can put a surrounding cast around the player. The number 2 pick in the OHL draft isn't like the number 2 pick in the NHL draft.

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004

I disagree. Maybe his passion, frustration and pure fact that he likely hates losing played a part but to question how the team etc isn't on the same page because of what he did isn't right. He's never been on a winning team, we were terrible all year, one of his worst games ever played a role too I'm sure.

And no I'm not sticking up for him as a hometown kid, he's done his wrongs but this isn't one of them.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I disagree. Maybe his passion, frustration and pure fact that he likely hates losing played a part but to question how the team etc isn't on the same page because of what he did isn't right. He's never been on a winning team, we were terrible all year, one of his worst games ever played a role too I'm sure.

And no I'm not sticking up for him as a hometown kid, he's done his wrongs but this isn't one of them.

I would hope most of the players hate to lose that doesn't mean as assistant captain you don't shake hands especially when your own captain Sanvido does it. Hmmm so you say Murphy hasn't been on a winning team and terrible this year. Maybe Murphy is the type of player you can't win with if he's one of your top players? Murphy last night was pinching down 8-1 and not hustling back on D that's selfish hockey. Like I said he can return next year he just better not have an A.

While Boughner has some young pieces to build with and early picks, he also realizes there are a lot of holes that need to be filled.

“We’re not a very good team,†Boughner said. “Not just (Saturday), but the last month or two.
“Obviously, there’s a lot of work to do and it’s tough to pinpoint one or two areas. It’s more than that.â€

Push back that target of 16/17 back another couple years.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

I would hope most of the players hate to lose that doesn't mean as assistant captain you don't shake hands especially when your own captain Sanvido does it. Hmmm so you say Murphy hasn't been on a winning team and terrible this year. Maybe Murphy is the type of player you can't win with if he's one of your top players? Murphy last night was pinching down 8-1 and not hustling back on D that's selfish hockey. Like I said he can return next year he just better not have an A.

While Boughner has some young pieces to build with and early picks, he also realizes there are a lot of holes that need to be filled.

“We’re not a very good team,†Boughner said. “Not just (Saturday), but the last month or two.
“Obviously, there’s a lot of work to do and it’s tough to pinpoint one or two areas. It’s more than that.â€

Push back that target of 16/17 back another couple years.

They will be fine by 16-17, and will find a way to contend, rebuilds take 2-3 years in most cases now, not 4
They have only struggled in the month or so, not 2, they were 13-10-0-2 in the previous before the bad slide

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
The number 2 pick only means something if they can put a surrounding cast around the player. The number 2 pick in the OHL draft isn't like the number 2 pick in the NHL draft.

You'd rather pick somewhere else in the draft?

As far as Murphy goes - frustration is understandable, but if the rest of the team is shaking hands, you follow suit.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010

I agree.and while I dont know for sure,I think he refused to shake hands with
the team that got him suspended 11 games ago,as he was trashed talked with the same language he expressed and nobody else got punished because the home town
linseman reported him only
And you know what,if thats the case I agree with him,it was wrong of the league
to single him out when what he said is done many times a game rightly or wrongly
I point this out because at the end of the Erie game he embraced Nick Baptiste
a former team mate at the -17 tourney here in Windsor
Till i get the real story I refuse to pass judgement.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
You'd rather pick somewhere else in the draft?

As far as Murphy goes - frustration is understandable, but if the rest of the team is shaking hands, you follow suit.

Re Murphy,would not shake hands with the team that got me suspended
when everybody else got off scott free,any other team yes shake hands

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
No team suspended Murphy . Murphy suspended himself

No the league suspended him,on the hearsay of a hometown linseman,
something he said that is expressed all the time,and like i said rightly or wrongly
he was targeted after being trash talked by the Sault bench
For what he said not just he that should have been suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad