Windham Rotunda aka Bray Wyatt has passed away

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The fact that he didn’t go over in that match legitimately drove me insane.

WWE constantly short changing him was one of the reasons the brand lost my interest. Brock can hold the title hostage, defending the title like 6 times a year if you're lucky but this guy is the forever bridesmaid? Nah dawg I'm out. His title win at Elimination Chamber had me in joy

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
So sad. Wyatt had something special about him that would just draw you in as a fan. I had the pleasure of seeing him live a few times and he always did what he does best and that’s entertaining people. This is a big loss to Pro Wrestling and he will be missed. RIP…
IMG_3792.gif

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I was looking to a very long and successful career for him.

I figured that he would go one of two ways; either become a writer for WWE and with his creative genius he would create great stories and stories that last a very long time. Or he would get into acting and I think he would be very successful with it. I can see him as a villain in a movie and he would easily pull it off.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Meltzer essentially said that it was known he had a heart issue when he was released in 2021 and that he wasn't able to wrestle at the time.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Meltzer essentially said that it was known he had a heart issue when he was released in 2021 and that he wasn't able to wrestle at the time.
They were concerned about his weight too I think. Probably goes together.

But it was one of those things where Hunter brought him back while Vince was gone, so there was definitely something not in alignment.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I was looking to a very long and successful career for him.

I figured that he would go one of two ways; either become a writer for WWE and with his creative genius he would create great stories and stories that last a very long time. Or he would get into acting and I think he would be very successful with it. I can see him as a villain in a movie and he would easily pull it off.

If pro wrestling had an award like an Emmy or Oscar for outstanding acting performance, Wyatt would of won a pile of them. His work in those Firefly Funhouse segments in particular I always felt was at a level most other pro wrestlers could not match from an acting point-of-view.

Reactions: Habsrule

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I can't imagine that happens.

I think Bray Wyatt is the 5th roster member to have died in WWE history. Am I missing someone?

Bray Wyatt
Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero
Owen Hart
Brian Pillman

6 if you count referee Joey Marella.

I was thinking maybe Adrian Adonis and Texas Tornado but looks like they were out of WWE by the time they died.

I thought Kerry Von Erich was one, but he left the WWF a few months before passing

When you hear about the guys who’ve passed away so young, I’m surprised it’s that few.

I thought Crash Holly was one, but it seems he was released a few months prior to his death.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I just watched the Firefly Funhouse Match and that was outstanding. I don't think I've seen creativity like that in this company since the Ruthless Aggression Era, maybe even the Attitude Era. That might have been the magnum opus on Wyatt's career.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I think Bray Wyatt is the 5th roster member to have died in WWE history. Am I missing someone?

Bray Wyatt
Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero
Owen Hart
Brian Pillman

6 if you count referee Joey Marella.

I was thinking maybe Adrian Adonis and Texas Tornado but looks like they were out of WWE by the time they died.
I thought maybe Umaga, but I guess a one off Rumble appearance wouldn't count as main roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad