Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - WCQF Game 6: Ducks at the Preds Burn the Boats edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I'm convinced in the coming years our games will switch to 7:30 starts. The dilemma though is do we have a late-arriving crowd because of worsening traffic problems that can be helped by starting games at 7:30, or is it more because of people pre-gaming on Broadway who are content with just getting there not terribly late? They'll be arriving late no matter when the games start.

I think it is people getting food, plus traffic. The sad thing is the traffic situation (Downtown at least) could be partly fixed if they would just sync the stupid lights. They are currently setup to create traffic. I work downtown and get off at 3:30 and there are a handful of days every few months where I catch every light green rather than the normal get stopped by every single light and when I catch them green I get home 20 minutes sooner and my commute is only 7 miles. It is sad that it takes me longer to cross the Cumberland river than it does to drive from the river home.

Also on the Broadway people....I have had several co-workers and friends who won't show up until the 2nd because they won't go out to eat until 6:30 when the game starts at 7.

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
I'm convinced in the coming years our games will switch to 7:30 starts. The dilemma though is do we have a late-arriving crowd because of worsening traffic problems that can be helped by starting games at 7:30, or is it more because of people pre-gaming on Broadway who are content with just getting there not terribly late? They'll be arriving late no matter when the games start.

1/2 STH. Over the last two years, it has gone from me leaving Cool Springs at 6:00 to get into the MCC lot at 6:30 to me now having to leave at 5:30. A lot of times I have to get off at Wedgewood, take a right, and cut through some neighborhoods to get to 6th up to the MCC.

Last night, with the shootings at the bus center, downtown was absolute gridlock. I was not surprised at all that the place was not full when the puck dropped.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
The dilemma though is do we have a late-arriving crowd because of worsening traffic problems that can be helped by starting games at 7:30, or is it more because of people pre-gaming on Broadway who are content with just getting there not terribly late? They'll be arriving late no matter when the games start.

Both, really. I've known some people who ALWAYS come late so they don't have to deal with a line getting in--some stay at the bars, some just drive in later.

That would drive me nuts. My family laughs at my need to be not only early but VERY early for most everything. :laugh:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Both, really. I've known some people who ALWAYS come late so they don't have to deal with a line getting in--some stay at the bars, some just drive in later.

That would drive me nuts. My family laughs at my need to be not only early but VERY early for most everything. :laugh:

Same way. Going to games with my wife drives me nuts. She wants to get there just about the time the puck drops, I want to be there before pre-game warm ups. She continually tells me to slow down and I just want to choke her. I like to be there and settled with my cold beverage before everyone start piling in.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

This doesn't include all weekend games (afternoon and some Sat. night games notwithstanding) but during the regular season for weeknight games at least, me and my friends usually go to Paradise Park about 6:15ish for a 7:00 game. We'll generally do our thing there for awhile and leave to walk over somewhere between 7:00 and 7:10 but there's almost never more than 5 minutes gone off the clock by the time we're where we want to be inside.

Playoffs....same thing except we make sure we GTFO in time to not miss anything.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Same way. Going to games with my wife drives me nuts. She wants to get there just about the time the puck drops, I want to be there before pre-game warm ups. She continually tells me to slow down and I just want to choke her. I like to be there and settled with my cold beverage before everyone start piling in.

Exact same thing here- I am obsessive about getting in the arena at least 45 minutes to an hour before puck drop. My wife would be perfectly fine getting to her seat 1 minute before puck drop.

It is a constant battle!

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

Same here about everything. You could say I'm OCD when it comes to being early. I feel like I have missed the entire event if I'm 1 minute late and it ruins the entire experience for me.

I live 6-7 miles from downtown and leave about 5:30 for every 7PM game.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'm glad you had a great time and I'm glad the Preds put on a good show for us in Game 6! Thanks for the kind comments.

To quote Sandy Rivers in How I Met Your Mother:

"Thanks......I never tire of hearing that!"

I think one of the things Nashville has a rep for in Canada is that they just really got it right as far as where they located the arena in proximity to other entertainment options. Sounds like some of you might battle traffic a bit but I can tell you from an outsiders take is you guys hit the bullseye with the location. Also your convention centre was amazing although that really polite Deca crew seemed to take over the city :laugh:

Thought your team looked really good last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad