Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - WCQF Game 6: Ducks at the Preds Burn the Boats edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain And Coke

Apr 29, 2011
I didn't get to watch game 6 because of the Blues/Hawks game, but wanted to stop by and say congrats on forcing a game 7.

Was just checking the replays, that 2-on-1 Neal GWG was just sick.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
So I have to say Nashville has a great fan base. I am a Bruins fan and am down in Nashville on business and had the chance to go to game 6 tonight. I had a great time and all the fans were great. You also cannot beat the price as up in Boston game 6 would have been well in the hundreds.

Here is a video I took of the empty net goal if anyone wants to watch it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gplR_BLjo7I

Thanks for posting the video. Glad you had a good time! Wish I was there

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Long time Bruin fan here. Just dropped in to say congrats on the big win tonight. Love to see you beat Ducks in game 7..One game, anything can happen. Hang in there Pekka, you can be super awesome when you're on your game..All the best everyone!!

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
That save by Pekka on Perry was just what we needed from him. Credit where credit is due

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
alright about to head to bed now. Game was so much fun. Glad to see Pekka back on his game for the most part. We've already won 2 of 3 in Anaheim so we can definitely win 1 more. Every single shift matters on Wednesday night. Let's do it Preds!!!

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
This was awesome! I'm still wired and can't sleep.

3 separate TV timeout standing O's! The crowd brought it all night.

My voice is gone, it went out mid-yell, lol.

Beautiful goals. What a pass from Joey! Ekholm with a great use of the screen! And Weber, good thing that was on net, lol!!

I'm not ashamed to admit that when Weber scored, I cried a little.

Great effort by everyone. Even Ribeiro made some good plays. Huge saves from Pekka. Extra effort given by everyone, it was great to see.

The last few minutes were incredible. So much focus and determination. I love that Pekka got into the goal celebration hugs, lol.

The way they played this game from start to finish, makes me even more mad about how they played game 3, just such a poor effort that game.

(Hope Cody Bass is OK, that was a real shot he gave himself)

Now, do it all again on Wednesday.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I want us to win game 7. I really do. But last night I was just content with being able to leave the Bridge on a high note since the previous two trips were downers.

With that said, the team flight is noon today and they were told to pack for 6 days. Hell yeah!

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Man, Bitetto again with a horrible turnover. Luckily, Rinne bailed him out there. He better not do anymore of those dumbass turnovers in game 7. In game 3, it ended up in the back of our net.

I think Goose had a solid game. Didn't mind seeing him on the PP in front of the net.

But again, Rinne, wow. Keep it going. But can he do it again Wednesday? Our life depends on it.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So I have to say Nashville has a great fan base. I am a Bruins fan and am down in Nashville on business and had the chance to go to game 6 tonight. I had a great time and all the fans were great. You also cannot beat the price as up in Boston game 6 would have been well in the hundreds.

Same thing I am from Winnipeg (Jets season ticket holder) and my wife and I took in the game last night. I happen to hate the Ducks.....well Perry and Kesler.....so I was instantly into the game. Crowd and atmosphere was excellent. I did set a record as a guy who lost my **** more than anyone in the building when that penalty was called late in the 2nd. My wife had to tell me to calm down that I was making an ass of myself :laugh:. I was really pumped with the win and loved how the crowd was chanting and cheering on the way out of the arena...high fives from all the staff.

Now about game 7.............beat those *****es down!!

codeman00

Apr 24, 2012
Same thing I am from Winnipeg (Jets season ticket holder) and my wife and I took in the game last night. I happen to hate the Ducks.....well Perry and Kesler.....so I was instantly into the game. Crowd and atmosphere was excellent. I did set a record as a guy who lost my **** more than anyone in the building when that penalty was called late in the 2nd. My wife had to tell me to calm down that I was making an ass of myself :laugh:. I was really pumped with the win and loved how the crowd was chanting and cheering on the way out of the arena...high fives from all the staff.

I'm glad you had a great time and I'm glad the Preds put on a good show for us in Game 6! Thanks for the kind comments.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

To quote Sandy Rivers in How I Met Your Mother:

"Thanks......I never tire of hearing that!"

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
So Dennis Morgan is now Dennis K. Morgan

He has been Dennis K. Morgan for a couple of years now. Not sure why--maybe he and Jeremy K. Gover decided the K. was gonna be a thing. Sounds good to me. My maiden name starts with K, so I'm part of the club.

As for the crowd, at the first of the game I noted the sparseness to my son but we were both happy to see it fill up later on. I have been noticing this for most games, so that's just become a Nashville thing. I get to the arena early via back roads, but I pass interstate traffic that is just horrendous.

Man, this morning feels so GREAT! What a game!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
He has been Dennis K. Morgan for a couple of years now. Not sure why--maybe he and Jeremy K. Gover decided the K. was gonna be a thing. Sounds good to me. My maiden name starts with K, so I'm part of the club.

As for the crowd, at the first of the game I noted the sparseness to my son but we were both happy to see it fill up later on. I have been noticing this for most games, so that's just become a Nashville thing. I get to the arena early via back roads, but I pass interstate traffic that is just horrendous.

Man, this morning feels so GREAT! What a game!
I'm convinced in the coming years our games will switch to 7:30 starts. The dilemma though is do we have a late-arriving crowd because of worsening traffic problems that can be helped by starting games at 7:30, or is it more because of people pre-gaming on Broadway who are content with just getting there not terribly late? They'll be arriving late no matter when the games start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA