GDT: Win this game for TT at Tampa

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
I actually thought we turned a corner in the second half of the period--unfortunately it's not a good idea to give a team like TB a head start lol. And the PP didn't help either. But, the game is far from over, imo.

I also don't mind playing teams back to back to back; to me we are learning what it takes to be championship level team. While of course I'm hoping we win today and tomorrow, we did win the first two against them, to I'm not panicking either way (season series-wise).

Reactions: Daeavorn

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Ned falling back to the mean?

Needed to make one of those saves.

Would have been nice for him to stop one, but I don’t think you can blame him on either goal. Blown coverage, plus a nice pick are to blame.

They seem tired, or lacking in effort these past 2 games, especially Aho and Svechnikov. Even if they come away pointless today, they have another shot at a split with Tampa tomorrow. 4 pts out of these 4 against Tampa would be good.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I actually thought we turned a corner in the second half of the period--unfortunately it's not a good idea to give a team like TB a head start lol. And the PP didn't help either. But, the game is far from over, imo.

I also don't mind playing teams back to back to back; to me we are learning what it takes to be championship level team. While of course I'm hoping we win today and tomorrow, we did win the first two against them, to I'm not panicking either way (season series-wise).

yup..this is similar to a series.

We needed to hold serve/win the other night though.

IMO, Canes just need a split here.

so either give it max effort tonight for a turn-around or tank and play for tomorrow.

Reactions: 3CanesInTheBox

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
"Look boys, if you don't get your shit together then we're not going out for ice cream tonight"

This is a complete tangent, but this triggered a memory of a seriously over-intense JV girls basketball coach I had in the eighth grade. She would literally knock over chairs and throw clipboards, and we were um...how do you say... an awful team in the middle of nowhere lol. Only, in retrospect did I realize how odd she was for the level and quality of basketball (if you could call it that!) we were playing.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Nobody going nuclear, but I like some of the setup for when we turnaround and win the game. Make it happen Canes.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
It wasn't that long ago when some player on the opposing team was playing their 1st NHL game against us and the board was full of discussion on which period he would score or similar. It was a given. Haven''t seen that talk in quite a while and yet it happened today. I guess it is a good thing in the big picture; not today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad