GDT: Win this game for TT at Tampa

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Just too much miss....we missed our passes, missed the net, and most of all missed the effort. While this wasn't one of our historic stinkers, the legs just weren't moving. It also looked like there was too much focus on "individual effort" and not enough looking like a team.

Plus we simply got out worked.

EDIT: We also need to stop the dump and chase where after the last 6 periods it has stopped working. I'm not saying quit entirely, but they had numerous opportunities to carry the puck in and chose to dump it and depend on our forecheck...which just wasn't working tonight.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Just too much miss....we missed our passes, missed the net, and most of all missed the effort. While this wasn't one of our historic stinkers, the legs just weren't moving. It also looked like there was too much focus on "individual effort" and not enough looking like a team.

Plus we simply got out worked.

EDIT: We also need to stop the dump and chase where after the last 6 periods it has stopped working. I'm not saying quit entirely, but they had numerous opportunities to carry the puck in and chose to dump it and depend on our forecheck...which just wasn't working tonight.

Don't forget Aho missed Turbo.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Just watched the game sort of...after it went 2-0 I was watching in double-time and it was still painful to get through (every once in a while when we got the puck in their end I slowed down). That was awful...we had maybe 4 real scoring chances in that game? Our PP couldn't even gain the zone on the first one, second was pretty lackluster. 1 shot through like 15 min of the second period when down 2-0. It was like we were intentionally making the worst play with the puck EVERY time we had it, or made our decision like 3 seconds late. So many unforced turnovers. And how many times can the puck be 6 inches from us and we LOSE the race to the puck? Literally the ONLY player who showed up and made anything of themselves in that game was Ned, who still scares the **** out of me sometimes but is the only reason we were still "in" that game. I wasn't mad after the last game because we looked tired, but like we were at least trying and doing good things. This game we looked like dogshit

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
Games like this make me hopeful that Dougie will be a team player and take less money that he could make in the open market to play for a team that's young and building into a cup contender.

Because some nights he's not going to be worth a Jeff Skinner like contract.

I would be very weary of paying him anything more than Aho.

Reactions: Wolfpuck

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
It's Tampa. They're good. We're 2-2 so far against them this year. Even if we lose on Friday we are 2-3 against them this year. That's not bad.

It's fine. I'm glad we are done with Wednesday 5pm starts.
I mean, you’re not wrong. As long as we handle our business against everyone else, we’ll be fine.

Also, how dare you introduce logic and sanity in this thread?

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It feels like Tampa made a concerted effort to shut it down in response to the game Saturday and there's been no response to it. They haven't made many mistakes in front of Vasilevsky and he's been there to clean up those they have. Very Boston-esque. It's nights like this that make me believe that they need something extra to break tight defensive structures, beyond Teravainen getting healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad