Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - San Jose @ Nashville: Game 4 - Highway to the Danger zone edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

dph1980

Jan 7, 2016
Middle of Nowhere TN
Now I have a question for Central Time Zone fans(and if there's a thread about this please direct me). How do you feel about these late starts?

In some respects I like the 8 o'clock start. Not as much rush to get to game after work (I live over an hour away). But triple OT ending after 1 a.m. (Did I mention I live over an hour away?), 8 o'clock starts suck. But there aren't many things that I would trade for the experience I had last night at the game and I have been to quite a few games. I have been to other sporting events as well. I only thought the lid blew off the arena when Neal tied it. That experience. What I would like to know is if there is anyone who was at last night's game and at the music city miracle. I would like to know how those experiences compare.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I had to post in this thread just to be a part. One of my favorite Preds moments. Loved being there. What a game. So many excellent performances.

What a tight series!

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
Certainly it's a much better day in my office here in San Jose with the boys pulling out the win. Haven't seen too many Sharks fans yet, but I promise to conduct myself with the highest standards of sportsmanship :sarcasm:

Now to see about those Game 5 tix . . .

PREDilection

Little Doodle
Nov 10, 2014
Took my 10 year old son to the game (birthday gift). I let him sleep in a little this morning and be tardy at school. When I checked him in at the office they asked why he was late. I didn't bother with an excuse. Just said, "Preds game."

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I lasted as long as I could but because I was up at 6am that morning I fell asleep during the intermission between the 2nd and 3rd overtime lol. Hey I'll take it. These late starts kill me.

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Certainly it's a much better day in my office here in San Jose with the boys pulling out the win. Haven't seen too many Sharks fans yet, but I promise to conduct myself with the highest standards of sportsmanship :sarcasm:

Now to see about those Game 5 tix . . .

MdRM6UK.gif

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Maybe the Preds sat back and countered because they were exhausted.

In the last 20 days they've gone from Nashville to Anaheim to Nashville to Anaheim to Nashville to Anaheim up to San Jose and back to Nashville.

There were 11 games in that stretch. The first 7 were heavy hitting dog fights. Several of the off days were to basically travel across the country. Yeah, you can bet your ass they're tired after all that travel, all that hitting and then having to play 3 overtimes in a game that ended past 1 am to boot.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Well I guess I can't watch anymore games the rest of the playoffs :( ... Every time I've watched a game or recorded a game, they've lost ... I quit watching after Game 5 of the Ducks series, and I recorded Games 1 & 2 of this series (Beale Street Music Fest) and that didn't work out too well either ... and didn't really watch last night either. This sucks to me. :(

JamestheSame

Apr 18, 2012
Well I guess I can't watch anymore games the rest of the playoffs :( ... Every time I've watched a game or recorded a game, they've lost ... I quit watching after Game 5 of the Ducks series, and I recorded Games 1 & 2 of this series (Beale Street Music Fest) and that didn't work out too well either ... and didn't really watch last night either. This sucks to me. :(

I'm sorry, but thanks for doing what is necessary. :laugh:

codeman00

Apr 24, 2012
Took my 10 year old son to the game (birthday gift). I let him sleep in a little this morning and be tardy at school. When I checked him in at the office they asked why he was late. I didn't bother with an excuse. Just said, "Preds game."

Father of the Year Candidate!

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois

Awesome! Something he will remember for ever!!

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
The two hours of sleep last night was worth it. Got DT around 5:00PM and didn't leave until 1:30AM. So wish this was a Friday night game so I could have stayed DT afterwards.

So awesome that the fans gave a standing O during the last TV timeout right before the GWG.

That bench reaction...:yo:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Feel like crap and being overly tired tomorrow would sure be more worth it if it's following a win.

Awesome GDT btw.
Called it.

One thing that worries me is the law of hockey averages. Ideally, to win a series you'd like to steal a game you probably shouldn't win and conversely you'd like to capitalize on all of your games you play well enough to win. Let's be honest, we played great in Game 3 but we also played really well in Game 2 and probably deserved to win. The law of averages would say that at some point we're due for a bit of a down game since we just came off two very well played games. Problem is, SJ more or less stole Game 2 and I feel like if we have a game we don't deserve to win, we won't.
Didn't call it.

EDIT: I've watched this unedited clip of the OT winner like 20 times today: http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/mike-fisher-goal-gives-predators-triple-ot-win-over-sha-1775056795

Last edited:

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Oops I haven't posted it yet

Just ****ing win, boys

Damn. I'm glad I sneaked this one in before the game got too far into the first. That was a close one. :laugh:

Fwiw I'm pretty sure we have won every game if I posted "just ****ing win" in the GDT, and lost all of the times I've forgotten.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
4 plus minutes for Aberg? Where does Lavy go next? Can't see him bringing Ribeiro back so maybe Fiala?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
a great fan shout out to Brian (handtrick). As he always does, drives two hours here from Chattanooga. Stays the entire game, Drives home despite a long wreck delay over Monteagle Mtn. loses an hour due to time change. walks in his door at 5:30 his time. changes into his Dr. uniform and goes to do surgery this morning....

poor, unlucky patients... :laugh:

the casualties of war, Steve... some poor schmuck in Chattanooga will be permanently flipping the bird because we couldn't secure a win in regulation...

:laugh:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
So how many times have you guys watched the winning goal?? I have watched it so much I have lost count- probably close to 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark