Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - San Jose @ Nashville: Game 4 - Highway to the Danger zone edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN
a great fan shout out to Brian (handtrick). As he always does, drives two hours here from Chattanooga. Stays the entire game, Drives home despite a long wreck delay over Monteagle Mtn. loses an hour due to time change. walks in his door at 5:30 his time. changes into his Dr. uniform and goes to do surgery this morning....

poor, unlucky patients... :laugh:

And your post will be the first piece of evidence in a malpractice suit.

lol

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Yes, it was an exciting game. It's not fun to lose and a triple OT loss hurts more than a blowout but at least I can say I got my entertainment worth out of the game. Preds are a good team and I anticipated this going at least 6. Now, it's highly possible it goes all the way to 7. Congrats on the win. You guys found a way and hopefully we're ready for Game 5 back at the tank.

hopefully you're not ignorant enough to believe that the Predators are way off in talent compared to the Sharks. That is a complete joke. You ran into a goalie that has been all-world for most of his career and lately reg. season and playoffs has been average. When he's on, he's better than basically anyone in the game. He was locked in last night.

Last edited by a moderator:

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
a great fan shout out to Brian (handtrick). As he always does, drives two hours here from Chattanooga. Stays the entire game, Drives home despite a long wreck delay over Monteagle Mtn. loses an hour due to time change. walks in his door at 5:30 his time. changes into his Dr. uniform and goes to do surgery this morning....

poor, unlucky patients... :laugh:

Patient "Doc, why is THIS hand bandaged?"
Patient "Doc, where's my other thumb?"
Patient "Doc, my stitches look like the outline of a saber tooth tiger."
Nurse "Doc, could you get your head off my belly... I'm not a pillow"
Docs wife "How was work today honey?"
Doc: "freakin awesome".

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
If you or anyone else found this game "dull" then you might want to take up skydiving or BASE jumping because you clearly need more adrenalin than most normal humans.

But that said we heard this same thing years ago when there WAS a talent gap between the Preds and some of the teams we played.

It was a crappy argument that reeked of sore loserness back then, and it has the same stench now.

Sharks finished with 98 points - Preds 96. As we have seen through 4 games, they are really evenly matched teams. If Sharks fans think the talent gap is still large, then I feel bad for them not being able to see past all the teal in their glasses.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Sharks finished with 98 points - Preds 96. As we have seen through 4 games, they are really evenly matched teams. If Sharks fans think the talent gap is still large, then I feel bad for them not being able to see past all the teal in their glasses.

Yeah, and the Sharks played in a division that has wonderful teams such as Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and Arizona.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
as an outside fan from canada it was awesome to hear the Nashville fans chanting and loud for all 6 periods. It makes the games so much better and its awesome to see a packed house at 2am local time.

just a strong contrast to the first round where we see places like Florida where it looks like "dress like an empty seat night" in the playoffs.

Good luck to the preds the games have all been exciting so heres to more of them

**outside fan from canada

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm pretty sure I'm still drunk at work this morning.

In all seriousness that was probably the best game I've been to in ____ years of going to that building.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I am on a hungover version of cloud 9 this morning. Such a great game; I was just on my knees screaming "yesssss!" when Fish potted the game winner. Man, I love hockey.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Kudos to Lavy for moving Fish up to the 2nd line.
Been the difference maker these last 2.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah, and the Sharks played in a division that has wonderful teams such as Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and Arizona.

:laugh:

The talent level is fairly close between these two teams, honestly, and if Sharks fans don't think it is, they're crazy.

The Preds have the pleasure of playing in the best division in hockey, whereas the Sharks play in basically the worst...

Should be an exciting finish to this series no matter the outcome, but I'm rooting for you guys to pull it out in 6. Go Preds!

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
:laugh:

The talent level is fairly close between these two teams, honestly, and if Sharks fans don't think it is, they're crazy.

The Preds have the pleasure of playing in the best division in hockey, whereas the Sharks play in basically the worst...

Should be an exciting finish to this series no matter the outcome, but I'm rooting for you guys to pull it out in 6. Go Preds!

Individual talent wise maybe.

Group wise, Preds are better and SJS are lucky we had 7 games against the Ducks. I Frankly the 1st game, it made a difference. Even the 2nd. And yesterday, the difference in OT was, imo, this week of rest or of fight against the Ducks.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Sharks fan here, congrats on the win. I was at the game last night, gotta say I have never experienced that kind of atmosphere before. Most of the crowd stayed until the end on a work night as well. Aside from a few drunk a-holes who tried to pick a fight after the game, your fans were really classy as well. Good luck the rest of the way.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
these *******s have no one to blame but themselves. Had this game in control in the first and didnt take command, then had multiple opportunities to retake the lead, then stuck their heads right up their *****. I'm mean really how many times can you let this team have a power play.

****ing chokers

lolz

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Sharks fan here, congrats on the win. I was at the game last night, gotta say I have never experienced that kind of atmosphere before. Most of the crowd stayed until the end on a work night as well. Aside from a few drunk a-holes who tried to pick a fight after the game, your fans were really classy as well. Good luck the rest of the way.

Can't say I've seen anyone try to start something in the many years I've been going. Sorry to hear that.
We usually have to deal with the drunk Hawk/Blues fans when they travel here.

Last edited:

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Can't say I've seen anyone try to start something in the many years I've been going. Sorry to hear that.
We usually have to deal with the drunk Hawk/Blues fans when they travel here.

Not a big deal, didn't change my opinion of the crowd. Most everyone shook my hand and said good game. One guy even apologized for the controversy. Would definitely visit again.

belle

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site

I sorry you encountered some of our a-holes. Unfortunately there are some in every group. As our bandwagon widens, I fear the number/percentage of these personalities will also increase.

I had the opportunity to set lower bowl, double letters last night. Section did not sit down from last three minutes of 3rd thru Fishers OT goal. AWESOME! Much easier to jump up-and- down and celebrate from standing. Normally I sit in club where you better be seated if the puck is in play.

Bongo

Feb 7, 2007
Atlanta
as an outside fan from canada it was awesome to hear the Nashville fans chanting and loud for all 6 periods. It makes the games so much better and its awesome to see a packed house at 2am local time.

just a strong contrast to the first round where we see places like Florida where it looks like "dress like an empty seat night" in the playoffs.

Good luck to the preds the games have all been exciting so heres to more of them

**outside fan from canada

I've been saying for years that anybody who believes hockey won't work in the South needs to go to a Saturday night game in Nashville.

Now I have a question for Central Time Zone fans(and if there's a thread about this please direct me). How do you feel about these late starts?

LetsGetThis

Sep 30, 2013
I've been saying for years that anybody who believes hockey won't work in the South needs to go to a Saturday night game in Nashville.

Now I have a question for Central Time Zone fans(and if there's a thread about this please direct me). How do you feel about these late starts?

I'm not loving them, but during the playoffs, I expect it to happen. As soon as it was clear we'd be playing the Pacific teams, I knew we'd be in for late starts and am honestly surprised they aren't later, TBH.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

I'm a night owl so I actually like 8 or 8:30 PM starts. Lets me get home and relax a bit before leaving for the game. Later than that--not as much. It's just an odd time to start when you're at home. Away vs a west coast team, I'm used to it, though.

belle

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site

Three to four hours to kill downtown before the puck drops is draining my pocketbook ... Not to mention I'm going out to my car to take a nap for lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad