Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Preds vs McJesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
A healthy Edmonton with no pressure on them are dangerous. I'll take 3-1-1 on this road trip.

Forgot about the Avs game. I was thinking 2-1-1.

I'll be at the game Thursday night so hopefully we can get the Isles monkey off our backs.

We'll need to as the Caps will be waiting the following night. Don't want this to only be a two point week.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Solid road game from the Preds. You guys have all but locked up a wildcard spot at this point (IMO #7 & 8 in the west will be from the central obviously).

Weber looked good. A couple of times McDavid looked up and saw #6, he chose to dump the puck in both times. Smart play. Weber is a franchise D-man. Always been a fan, especially after Sochi.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
And for all of you who absolutely killed the Preds for not easily winning in Calgary and Vancouver:

Calgary 7 St Louis 4

Again, no such thing as a guaranteed win.

I cannot imagine the meltdown on here if we lost 7-4 to the Flames.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Thanks snipes.

If we lost to the Flames 7-4 there wouldn't be a peep on here about it. Even if we were up 4-0 in the third.

Just folks saying that it happens and move on to the next one.

Simple as that.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
And for all of you who absolutely killed the Preds for not easily winning in Calgary and Vancouver:

Calgary 7 St Louis 4

Again, no such thing as a guaranteed win.

I cannot imagine the meltdown on here if we lost 7-4 to the Flames.

Another team losing a game does not make our losses against two very beatable teams any less disappointing. 3 more points against CGY/VAN would have put us 2 points behind Chicago and a legit shot (albeit needing a win or two vs. LA, WSH, NYI) at passing them and playing St. Louis in the first round rather than looking at one of the likely Western Conference finalists.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Thanks snipes.

If we lost to the Flames 7-4 there wouldn't be a peep on here about it. Even if we were up 4-0 in the third.

Just folks saying that it happens and move on to the next one.

Simple as that.

To my eyes, you're built like a playoff team. Strong goaltending, Franchise D man. Any team in the league takes #6 on their top pairing.

A couple other top 4 D in the system. Built from the front out, that's the formula. If you guys find some clutch scoring, I could see a good run.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Another team losing a game does not make our losses against two very beatable teams any less disappointing. 3 more points against CGY/VAN would have put us 2 points behind Chicago and a legit shot (albeit needing a win or two vs. LA, WSH, NYI) at passing them and playing St. Louis in the first round rather than looking at one of the likely Western Conference finalists.

Who said it wasn't disappointing? Of course it was disappointing. But once again you are missing the point- you can't win every game. All of your what if scenarios above- you can do that all day- what if we won every game against below .500 teams- we'd already have clinched the division!! Woo hoo!! But it's just not possible.

St Louis would have been alone in first if they had beaten the Flames tonight, so why didn't they??

Because it ain't that easy- no guaranteed wins in this league

But once again- we are 8-1-1 in our last 10 road games vs bottom feeder teams. So what will you be happy with- 10-0???

You cannot ask for anything more than 8-1-1.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
For those who have ever played a sport...

You know that feeling of being in the zone?It's that place Michael Jordan always went to when he had the flu and started shaking his head every time he made some ridiculous shot. (I also think Steph Curry may permanently reside within the zone.)

That was James Neal last night. "I'm going to flick this puck at that spec of ice right between the goalies shoulder pad and the water bottle."

Hopefully he finds it again for a couple of games in the playoffs.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
A much needed win last night and a great night indeed from our top line. I was once again impressed by our 4th line. They had a good night for the most part.

Uncle Tony also had a fantastic night on both ends of the ice. Had a very physical game.

On to the Islanders, a team we have struggled with for a few seasons. I'll make the gameday thread again.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver

This goes both ways. Four less points against the CHI/STL/DAL (objectively better teams) stretch puts us 9 points behind (more if we had lost against CHI). Team has played well for a long time; happy with a W and the road trip in general.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Did anyone else notice that when he was announcing our goals and assists, their announcer sounded like Dr. Evil? I noticed it when he said "Bitetto" and then Logan agreed with a later goal.

He may always sound like that, but I thought it was pretty funny.

I love the day following a win! There is cake.

PREDilection

Little Doodle
Nov 10, 2014
Did anyone else notice that when he was announcing our goals and assists, their announcer sounded like Dr. Evil? I noticed it when he said "Bitetto" and then Logan agreed with a later goal.

He may always sound like that, but I thought it was pretty funny.

I love the day following a win! There is cake.

I'm sure others have a different opinion but if I had to listen to that voice every game I'd stab my ears with a steak knife.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I was out somewhere watching the game and it had the sound on, and anytime Edmonton scored people were looking like their ears were about to bleed. Their goal horn is a piercing shrill of unfortunate proportions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad