Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - GDT game 6 SHARKS @ PREDATORS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phototropic

Feb 4, 2012
Chattanooga
This team has shown so much character bouncing back from goals and losses. Really excited to have another game 7. This one more so than the last after being down 0-2.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
OK. 1 win. Leave it all on the ice. Whatever it takes, get the win in San Jose. Go Preds!

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
So awesome!!! I think that 3rd goal Rinne fumbled was evened out with the OT goal. I love that Arvy got the goal, but man, was that a cupcake.

What a great effort! Dominated most of that game. And I can't stress enough how great it is for the Preds to have 2 days off. Huge.

Go Preds!!!

Disagree, it was a perfectly placed backhand that doesn't allow a goalie to come out to the right angle for the save.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
need some gifs all you giffers..

Wilson and aardvarks goals for sure, please

edit.. see that arvidssons is on a previous page...

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Disagree, it was a perfectly placed backhand that doesn't allow a goalie to come out to the right angle for the save.

Agree 100%- that was just an incredible shot by Arvi, and it also ticked off the Sharks dman stick. I haven't heard one hockey person say that was a soft goal.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
after Arvy's goal I literally got chills. I haven't been this proud of this team ever. I love this group. And hearing Arvy talked to Micheletti was great too. So good for that kid.

Let's go Preds. WCF!! One game. One win. Dominate like the last two periods for the full game and steal another one.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
It was a shot Jones likely still should have had, but any goalie will tell you that backhands are surprisingly tough to read; the convex curvature of the blade gives it a broader range of potential flight paths relative to the follow through (forehands generally move along the path of the follow through due to the puck being nestled in the center of the concave portion of the blade).

So sick right now; really glad we won. Even if we lose Game 7, I'm pretty damn happy with the effort these playoffs. I agree that it's time to make a WCF though; leave it all on the ice on Thursday and win.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
need some gifs all you giffers..

Wilson and aardvarks goals for sure, please

edit.. see that arvidssons is on a previous page...

A few I had if you need. Don't have Fisher, Wilson or Joey.

Rinne2_zpslbzmlmqq.gif

Forsberg_zpssrsvph2o.gif

weber1_zpszqie06qb.gif

arvy_zpsfhysueae.gif

eliminate_zpsawuauuvd.jpg

Bench_love_gm4_GG_zpsrdd8f1wg.gif

neal_zpsswgfijt6.gif

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
And I posted this in the main board thread as a rebuttal to the ref commentary, but did anyone else think Tierney's goal was a high stick?

Ryan Ellis is 5'10" and probably 6' with skates on; Tierney's stick is right at mouth level to Ellis which is conservatively 5'0" to 5'6" off the ice through total guesswork. An NHL goal is 48 inches / 4' high. I thought it was over the crossbar at least, but didn't lose any sleep over the call. I could also be entirely wrong on the height of the stick if someone physics guru comes in here with a parallax measurement estimate.

At the end of the day, I just ignore the refs in my game commentary. There's not a thing you can do about them, so just focus on your game and you'll live longer. SJ did not lose that game because of the refs.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

Was it a high stick? Maybe. There wasn't really a good angle that definitively proved it was so they stuck with the call. I'm fine with that.

Something I didn't see mentioned last night was the trip on Bitetto right before the tying goal. It obviously didn't hurt us because the goal was scored a couple seconds later but I don't think they were going to call it, so that would've been a huge non-call if we hadn't scored.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
agreed. it was clear as day. but luckily the hockey gods didn't see an arm go up so they set something in motion for us.

Game 7 can't get here soon enough. Enjoy the rest boys...you have a chance to do something even more special.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Was it a high stick? Maybe. There wasn't really a good angle that definitively proved it was so they stuck with the call. I'm fine with that.

Something I didn't see mentioned last night was the trip on Bitetto right before the tying goal. It obviously didn't hurt us because the goal was scored a couple seconds later but I don't think they were going to call it, so that would've been a huge non-call if we hadn't scored.

I'm fine with the call as well; I was simply trying to point out that there are a lot of iffy ref moments in every game and you can't get hung up on all of them.

Luckily I was there so I didn't see the NBC crew but how salty was Roenick over the Sharks losing?

No direct shade thrown, but he was largely of the opinion that SJ lost the game as opposed to NSH winning it.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I'm fine with the call as well; I was simply trying to point out that there are a lot of iffy ref moments in every game and you can't get hung up on all of them.

No direct shade thrown, but he was largely of the opinion that SJ lost the game as opposed to NSH winning it.

Roenick is a slimebucket and always has been. I can't and won't watch his intermission commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad