Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Game 3 - Nashville Predators (C1) at Dallas Stars (WC1) - NSH Up 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
We got our asses handed to us and we still won.

Next game is so important. If we are able to take that one, that is a massive swing. You have to wonder if Dallas can have a repeat performance.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I still don’t understand how we only had only one power play. You’re telling me that throughout that entire game they felt like the Stars only made one infraction?

That hooking call of FF9 was especially egregious to me. It looked like Rads was also hooking then went full acting mode and the ref bit. From behind them.

(I’m also not implying that being on the power play is necessarily a good thing for this team but would still like the chance.)

That was the only call that drove me bonkers. Rads was hooking Forsberg on the hands for several seconds. The hook led to Filip losing control of the puck. Forsberg has his stick around Rads hands for a split second. Radulov complains and the hand goes up.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
We won, but I hate how this team barely even tried to score another goal after the go ahead goal. The dumping and chasing while not even winning the puck most of the time is going to get us out of the playoffs if we manage to ride Rinne into the 2nd round.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
With the number of minutes Dallas is riding that top line they are going to hit a wall and just be done. We've all seen what happens once you hit it, you are just done. It may not be this round, but if Dallas manages to win they will get their doors blown off in the next round. They might be professionals, but they do have their limits, and you better hope it isn't a major injury when they hit it.

Reactions: bdub24

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
We won, but I hate how this team barely even tried to score another goal after the go ahead goal. The dumping and chasing while not even winning the puck most of the time is going to get us out of the playoffs if we manage to ride Rinne into the 2nd round.
I really wanted to see a time out called. Not that the guys needed rest but just to have the coach look them all in the eye and tell them to calm down and play the game the way they know how to. They were panicky and way too safe.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I really wanted to see a time out called. Not that the guys needed rest but just to have the coach look them all in the eye and tell them to calm down and play the game the way they know how to. They were panicky and way too safe.
I'm not sure why this reminded me of this exact incident, but maybe a moment like this (I know we only get one timeout). Maybe this was dumb but they won so it worked in my book.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Yeah, something like that. Not to chew them out or anything but to pump their tires and get them to try to push the offense a little and try to stem the tide.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Lavy was a genius with timeouts his first year here. He knew the exact message the guys needed and they came out buzzing. Happened at least twice as I recall.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Yeah, something like that. Not to chew them out or anything but to pump their tires and get them to try to push the offense a little and try to stem the tide.
I think the broadcasters there were wrong to say he chewed them out. They were winning. I think like you said it was more of a calm down be disciplined kind of thing, which I agree with

Reactions: nine_inch_fang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad