Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Game 3 - Nashville Predators (C1) at Dallas Stars (WC1) - NSH Up 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee

cut.jpg

upload_2019-4-15_8-47-22.png

upload_2019-4-15_8-52-15.png
upload_2019-4-15_8-52-25.png

upload_2019-4-15_12-38-34.png

upload_2019-4-15_12-39-20.png

Last edited:

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Don't think Rocco should come out - just a little worried about Boyler, that's all (Wayne's injury is understandable)...

Reactions: Jonesey

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
I’ve said it for a while Simmonds or Boyle shouldn’t have both on same line. Grimaldi brings that quickness and pressure that gets to defensemen late in games when they are tired especially young ones like Dallas

Reactions: bdub24

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I’ve said it for a while Simmonds or Boyle shouldn’t have both on same line. Grimaldi brings that quickness and pressure that gets to defensemen late in games when they are tired especially young ones like Dallas

Simmonds honestly just shouldn't be in the lineup at all. I loved the guy in his prime, but he isn't the same player he used to be and its quite clear. The move to acquire Simmonds still just doesn't make any sense to me after we had already acquired Boyle.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I have really no idea what's going to happen tonight. No result would surprise me.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Simmonds honestly just shouldn't be in the lineup at all. I loved the guy in his prime, but he isn't the same player he used to be and its quite clear. The move to acquire Simmonds still just doesn't make any sense to me after we had already acquired Boyle.

Yep- that trade was a complete bust. I wish we could get in a time machine and go back and undo it.

Basically just gave Hartman away for nothing- uggghhh

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'm not sure if they had an idea Watson would be back or not either at that point. And maybe they were sort of looking to move Hartman anyway if he wasn't fitting in. So I don't really question the addition of Simmonds all things considered, even though it certainly hasn't panned out. It was worth taking the chance. At least they didn't give up a 1st pick or something egregious like that for him.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Yep- that trade was a complete bust. I wish we could get in a time machine and go back and undo it.

Basically just gave Hartman away for nothing- uggghhh
I'm not sure how much that really bothers me. Assuming we weren't going to get much value for him regardless, addition by subtraction IMO.

codeman00

Apr 24, 2012
Simmonds is best used as a net front presence, especially on the power play getting rebounds, etc. Our power play is awful and it's tough for him to gather up goalie blocked shots and put rebounds in the net when we don't get shots off on the powerplay to begin with. Yes, Wayne is a shell of his former self but he can be very productive if we could help him out a bit and let him play to his strength.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Simmonds is best used as a net front presence, especially on the power play getting rebounds, etc. Our power play is awful and it's tough for him to gather up goalie blocked shots and put rebounds in the net when we don't get shots off on the powerplay to begin with. Yes, Wayne is a shell of his former self but he can be very productive if we could help him out a bit and let him play to his strength.

This is all true but it just seems redundant to ice both Boyle and Simmonds to do the exact same thing. I'm happy to have one of them in the lineup, but putting them both on the fourth line just makes that line far too slow.

Reactions: bdub24

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Lines updated the best I can for now. If something changes, please let me know. I can't see tweets that get posted so please copy the text if possible!

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I think it's a tough sell if he can only do the one thing and it's something the team is not currently able to support via their play. Better to bring in someone who can contribute to the way we are currently playing.

Reactions: SouthNash
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad