Proposal: WIN - COL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
As a Jets fan, I would be humble enough to value Avs fans opinion of Makar vs Byram (as an example), but Avs fans know better how to evaluate Ehlers vs Connor than Jets fans?

Connor beat Ehlers career high in his sophomore season, he has 3 30 goal seasons in a row and is poised to crush Ehlers totals this season. Linemates? Maybe but eye test alone tells me Connor is a much better player. But if you guys want to think they are equal then so be it. Doesn't bother me

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
Connor beat Ehlers career high in his sophomore season, he has 3 30 goal seasons in a row and is poised to crush Ehlers totals this season. Linemates? Maybe but eye test alone tells me Connor is a much better player. But if you guys want to think they are equal then so be it. Doesn't bother me
Incredibly superficial just to look at scoreboard total production.
How about usage?

Last edited:

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Yup you just confirmed you have no clue of the D prospects and depth of the Jets with that example.

I just know I'd put Timmins over all 3. In no specific order lol. The future will tell. I'd rather the avs keep Timmins anyway

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Incredibly superficial just to look at scoreboard total production.
How about usage?

Alright man like I said I could care less what you guys consider equal in value. Personally as a fan of another team I'd pay more for Connor than Ehlers any day of the week.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Alright man like I said I could care less what you guys consider equal in value. Personally as a fan of another team I'd pay more for Connor than Ehlers any day of the week.
and that is why if the Jets do decide to trade one of them I hope to God it is Connor, but really I hope neither of them get traded.

Either way, neither is available when the best piece is Timmins so this conversation wouldn't even get started.

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
All good, I don't expect anyone of the three Jets youngsters (Ehlers, Connor, Laine) to get traded, but because of present usage, you could argue there is a higher chance Connor will get traded, as he will return more in a trade.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
So you have no idea who the guys listed are or who the Jets have that are better but you like Timmons better because he is handsome or just happened to be drafted by the Avs. Interesting arguments.

I do know who they are hahaha. I think Timmins is better. I don't think I'd be alone on that either. Of course bias kicks in on both sides but in terms of upside id go with Timmins. We are in the same division if you don't think avs fans don't see those 3 then I don't know what to tell ya. That being said I didn't say the offer was good enough. Just foolish to think Timmins wouldn't be on those guys level in terms of ranked prospects

Nedarb

Feb 19, 2019
I do know who they are hahaha. I think Timmins is better. I don't think I'd be alone on that either. Of course bias kicks in on both sides but in terms of upside id go with Timmins. We are in the same division if you don't think avs fans don't see those 3 then I don't know what to tell ya. That being said I didn't say the offer was good enough. Just foolish to think Timmins wouldn't be on those guys level in terms of ranked prospects
Did I miss something... I didn’t know Bitetto was considered a prospect lol even poolman ‍

Reactions: hn777

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Did I miss something... I didn’t know Bitetto was considered a prospect lol even poolman ‍

I was giving examples of guys I'd play Timmins over right now. And those guys happen to be on your NHL roster lol. Poolman and bittetto aren't prospects being over 25 but poolman has under 70 NHL games. Pretty much sums it up for me. You have two dmen who haven't made it in the league until this point only because the jets defense is that weak. Timmins could easily jump into the line up.

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
Oh come on lol... Ehlers had 37 pts in 62 games last year, that's barely a 50 pt pace. He also has 7 pts in 21 playoff games. Might want to ease off the Rantanen comparisons lmao, Rantanen scored 54 even strength pts last season which is ten off Ehlers career high points total. Might be overeating him slightly.

So tired of the 5 on 5 arguments, power play goals count just as much as a 5 on 5 goal on the score sheet. You can compare Ehlers to Rantanen when he puts up over 90 points.
So, is William Karlsson a 20-point player or a 70-point player?

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Oh come on lol... Ehlers had 37 pts in 62 games last year, that's barely a 50 pt pace. He also has 7 pts in 21 playoff games. Might want to ease off the Rantanen comparisons lmao, Rantanen scored 54 even strength pts last season which is ten off Ehlers career high points total. Might be overeating him slightly.

Since the beginning of last season Rantanen has scored two more points 5v5 in about 40 more mins. I’m not minimizing Rantanen, he’s amazing. But Ehlers is also.

Nedarb

Feb 19, 2019
I was giving examples of guys I'd play Timmins over right now. And those guys happen to be on your NHL roster lol. Poolman and bittetto aren't prospects being over 25 but poolman has under 70 NHL games. Pretty much sums it up for me. You have two dmen who haven't made it in the league until this point only because the jets defense is that weak. Timmins could easily jump into the line up.
I’m thinking If ehlers is involved in any trade for a dman.. that d man should be a lot better than just those 3 guys on their back end.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
I’m thinking If ehlers is involved in any trade for a dman.. that d man should be a lot better than just those 3 guys on their back end.

For sure I never disagreed it'd need to be more than Timmins. Highly disagreed with the fact it was said Timmins couldnt crack the lineup or be on of the top dman prospects lol

Reactions: Nedarb

Synesthesia

Apr 15, 2012
This is terrible for Winnipeg.

Jost is not good - there's a reason why he's being passed around in so many COL trade proposals. The guy is nothing more than a mediocre 3rd/4th liner at this point who is riding on the coattails of being a former 1st round pick.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
How can you say that if you don't know who they are? Is Timmons about to win AHL defenseman of the year? Niku did when he was 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad