2 - Anthony Bitetto (Injured)
57 - Gabriel Bourque (IR) (Injured)
||

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Canucks posters always have good/funny avatars.... the "tank" themed ones this year are excellent

hoping we help them in their climb up the draft order... and while we are at it show Hamhuis a nice full house on a weeknight

codeman00

Apr 24, 2012
So what happened to Gabriel Borque? I know he was recently assigned to Milwaukee for conditioning...did he get injured again or is he just not ready?

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Canucks may be the worst team in the league right now- have been shut out 3 straight games.

And that makes me a little worried about this game for some reason.

Get the first goal and take control early........

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
2 points guys--in regulation if you don't mind (for my heart). FOCUS. No injuries. Play SMART. Play to win.

And en route to that win, if you could knock Burrows around a little that would be super. I will never forgive him for that hit on JP. Hit HamWe for me, too. I loved him til he bashed us, now he is ENEMY.

Go Preds!

There might be cake.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Canucks may be the worst team in the league right now- have been shut out 3 straight games.

And that makes me a little worried about this game for some reason.

Get the first goal and take control early........

Yep - you never want to be the team that ends up being the 'streak-buster'. Once again, the Preds are rolling; don't take Vancouver as a 'sure win' tonight boys.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I actually like Vancouver, mostly from our 2011 series. They have a big fanbase, so there are plenty of bad apples, but I found them to be generally solid and the feeling has been reciprocated when I visit their boards. Peks' OT save on Bieksa may still be my favorite #35 save ever given how clutch it was. Burrows is a ****er though.

And I am actually flying into Nashvegas tonight for a bachelor party; unfortunately, can't make the game, but go Perds! I'm also flying to Vancouver next week to ski; bit of both worlds right as they're playing each other.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Yeah call me weird but I don't really hate the Canucks all that much. I used to but they're kinda like the Sharks. Did then, don't now. I don't "like" them, but I don't hate em.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I don't hate the Canucks. Enjoyed our series with them and the Canadian media finally noticed us. That was when the Montreal article came out about Sullivan and called him the "Cloakroom Crusader" Ha Ha!

I do hate Alex Burrows with a hate that is usually reserved for eels and gloppy mayonnaise and I resent HamWe's characterization of our fan base in jest, but it's really not directed at the team. And I want to beat them, of course. But the people of Vancouver or the team itself? No.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
For all you degenerate gamblers out there, I noticed that the Preds are -278 favorites tonight- that is about as big a spread as you will see in an NHL game.

And that also makes me nervous about this game- I hope we are mentally ready to play.

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
Lets not forget this after Dan Hamhuis signed with Vancouver and was introduced at their "Summer Summit":

Hamhuis slipped in a jab at Nashville, noting that the attendance at the Summer Summit was awfully...
posted by Dirk Hoag on Jul 08, 2010

Hamhuis slipped in a jab at Nashville, noting that the attendance at the Summer Summit was awfully similar to the attendance at a Predators home game in November. A Vancouver blogger reviews the Canucks' "Summer Summit" from last night. Geez, Dan, don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Dan's a great person but he kicked us while we were down. Now a sold-out Thursday night crowd will kick his non-playoff team back to O' Canada.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Someone in the last VAN GDT said they met him at Tin Roof and he was a jerk IIRC
That might have been me. It was just one experience but I met him there after a game. He was really quiet/standoff-ish when I was excited to see him, while the same night Chris Mason couldn't have been nicer and flagged us down to give us his table when he left.

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
He was a neighbor of ours for his tenure in Nashville. VERY nice guy. He's actually shy so that may be read as standoffish. Humble. Good family man. Great Pred guy who wanted to stay but Poile was already saving money for Webs and Suter (ugh) so wouldn't pay him the $4+mm he was looking for.

That said, he couldn't resist playing to the Canuck faithful that day and taking the swipe.

At least he has more time with his family now that he never makes the post-season anymore.-

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
He was a neighbor of ours for his tenure in Nashville. VERY nice guy. He's actually shy so that may be read as standoffish. Humble. Good family man. Great Pred guy who wanted to stay but Poile was already saving money for Webs and Suter (ugh) so wouldn't pay him the $4+mm he was looking for.

That said, he couldn't resist playing to the Canuck faithful that day and taking the swipe.

At least he has more time with his family now that he never makes the post-season anymore.-
Good to know. I was hoping he was simply more shy than jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille