Win against CBJ or tank & get spanked?

What do you want to see?

• Total voters

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
No question i am looking forward to the team taking the next step forward. Robertson will likely fill that left wing spot like a champ.

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
I don't want to see this team lose against Columbus. The 12.5% chance at Lafreniere is higher than our chances of winning five rounds of playoff hockey, but I'll still take that chance at a Stanley Cup, as irrational as it is.

Because of course rationally, it makes more sense to take the statistically more likely option, one that will in turn also enhance our odds of winning Stanley Cups in subsequent years. But emotionally...I just hate to lose, and I really want to see what this team can potentially do in another playoff run. You never know in the Stanley Cup playoffs, any team can win any year.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
This team is built to compete. A play-in losing team winning the draft lottery is obviously going to make for quite the story to go along with those games though.

Last edited:

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Idc how good Lefrennier is....we're a team that's already invested the most money out of anyone on 4 effing players on our roster (one of which was a former 1st overall pick)....Losing should not be an option. Would be flat out embarrassing

Reactions: qqaz

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Lol @ tanking

This year and next year are our years. We better f***ing make the 3rd round.

Reactions: qqaz

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The team needs the winning experience more than an 18 year old prodigy at this point. It needs to get to the level where it knows how to close out a series and go on winning cruise control in the regular season. So I opt to beat Columbus. But if everything lined up and we got Lafreniere I would be laughing.

Reactions: BrannigansLaw

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Obviously win. The question is, where do you draw the line.

If we beat Columbus, but lose in round 1, and Columbus wins 1OA, was it worth it?

If we win the play in and round 1, but lose in round two whil Columbus wins 1OA, is it worth it?

If we lose in the ECF and Columbus wins 1OA is it worth it?

I'd expect everyone has a different line.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Who tf would honestly vote for a tank job?

We're in year 4-5 now of this rebuild with big dollar players and losing for the 4th time in what is basically the opening round is the last thing we need.

I would never want them to lose to CBJ this year.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
I had written this season off after Babcock held his job in their last defeat against Boston, after no substantial help was brought in over the off season, after the Marner contract (Thanks again Babcock), and after the horrible start to the season under Babcock. The 1st overall pick will do more for the long term success of the team. I will get behind a deep run, but I'd like to see some changes made to the roster if they don't.

Reactions: shanwhatplan

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The fact people actually put tank for 12.5% as an option is embarassing and silly. You try to win and thats all that matters. I like our chances if we play to our capabilities.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Hfboards.....where #1 overall means more than a Cup win.
I also believe getting to the 2nd round after beating Columbus, and whoever we face in the 1st round is worth more then #1. This team needs to experience winning, and the #1 would just add to the losing misery.

Reactions: kb and Ziggdiezan

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Sad to me that people could even view getting bounced in the '1st round' and getting 1st overall as a positive.

It would be an embarrassment. This team needs a playoff win more than they need 1st overall and an embarrassing loss. Gotta build a winners mentality not a regular season powerhouse and playoff no shows.

Reactions: stickty111

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad