Tennis: Wimbledon 2017

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The way he's playing, he's easily the US Open favorite as well. At 36 years old, will he actually win every major he entered and come away with 3 titles? Unreal!

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Never in doubt from the beginning of the match. Maybr from the beginning of the tournament.

GOAT

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Roger will be 36 in less than a month and he just won his 8th Wimbledon without losing a set.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Strange that his 19th major is the ONLY one he won without dropping a set in the tournament... How does he accomplish such a feat at his age?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Rog always comes off very... mean in his words, but I swear he seems like the most sincere man. :laugh: His word choice is confusing sometimes.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
It's funny that Nadal is in that category when he's only 31.

31 is still old by Tennis standards. Sampras retired at that age.

And especially for someone like Nadal who has a style that is tougher on the body than the more fluid and technical Federer.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
31 is still old by Tennis standards. Sampras retired at that age.

And especially for someone like Nadal who has a style that is tougher on the body than the more fluid and technical Federer.

Absolutely! Federer just won Wimbledon at 36, the previous oldest was Arthur Ashe at 32.

Most players are completely done at 32 in tennis. Nadal does not play a game that is kind in terms of longevity. He could be approaching retirement as well.

Look at Roddick, he's two years younger than Fed, and he's been retired already for 5 years.

Last edited:

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It certainly feels like 2007. He hasn't lost a step and he even worked on his backhand to become even more unpredictable. What a player.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Kind of a lull of a final but man is Federer something else. The fact that he's still playing is unbelievable. To see him winning Wimbledon is, beyond spectacular.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Rog always comes off very... mean in his words, but I swear he seems like the most sincere man. :laugh: His word choice is confusing sometimes.

He doesn't sugarcoat anything, plus, English isn't his native language, I'm guessing French and German are the languages he learnt first. And him saying the sport is cruel is completely accurate in what happened today.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
He doesn't sugarcoat anything, plus, English isn't his native language, I'm guessing French and German are the languages he learnt first. And him saying the sport is cruel is completely accurate in what happened today.

I think it was more the "I hope to play you again so we can play a better one" comment was probably a bit ****** to hear. :laugh: Basically like "You weren't a worthy opponent and the quality sucked."

But like I said and you said (language spoken), he doesn't mean it like that. We know that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad