Tennis: Wimbledon 2017

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Fed, Djok, Nadal in this era is just an unbelievable treat. Insanity. Add in Murray/Stan as well and we've been blessed tennis fans. What a treat.

And Federer matching all of their levels at the age of 36!

36 is common for success in other sports, but it's ANCIENT by tennis standards!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I always love when they show Federer' s record when winning the first two sets...

255-2. Ironically those two losses happened in the same year. :laugh:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
This final won't be a memorable one outside of Roger winning. In fact, this years mens wimbledon has been disappointing.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Feel bad for Cilic. Biggest match of his career and it feels like a 1st round match for Federer.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This final won't be a memorable one outside of Roger winning. In fact, this years mens wimbledon has been disappointing.

True enough, though Federer still playing really well even if his opponent isn't. He still pulls out some crazy shots even in a match like this... that net front play by Federer after Cilic went down is a prefect example... that was a crazy good shot that was pretty amazing that he even got to it.

Enjoy this as much as you can, who knows how many more Federer has in him.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Feel bad for Cilic. Biggest match of his career and it feels like a 1st round match for Federer.

Biggest match of his career? Debatable... I say his major win was that. Toughest to win the first one, and he beat Federer along the way with that one.

Definitely the biggest since then though.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sort of sucks when a final is this bad. The quality is mega poor. I've seen better 6-1 6-1 6-1 straight setters in the first round.

With the news on Djok and Murray, Rog has one of the best chances of all time to hit 20 at the US Open. That would be remarkable. Out of nowhere having the 3 slam year. :laugh: And without even playing the French!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Cilic finding his game... probably too late to make a difference.

Coming back from two sets down against Federer? Not good odds.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Biggest match of his career? Debatable... I say his major win was that. Toughest to win the first one, and he beat Federer along the way with that one.

Definitely the biggest since then though.
Yeah, it's probably debatable. But it doesn't get much bigger than Wimbledon final. His US Open win was big obviously, but Wimbledon is special.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Well, I must say this is going swimmingly. Cilic seems way off form, not close to his best.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I got to a tv at the end of set #2. Why was Cilic crying?

Emotionally distraught. The trainer never even looked at him physically that time they only talked, later he had his foot worked on, but hard to say if/when that happened. You'd think if it was bugging him so much the first time the trainer was out there, he'd have had him look at it, but never did.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Even if this set goes to a tie break, I don't see Cilic pulling this set out. He can't even make a dent in Federer's service game.

Of course now Federer has break point which may make that moot... yup. Fed breaks. This is all but over.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Weird final. Basically just another day at the office for Federer, very different from the Australian Open final.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad