Wilson hit on Brandon Carlo (Part-2) (suspended 7 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I see what you mean, but being fired up and wanting to hit someone hard cause you’re mad =/= ‘trying’ to hit someone illegally in the head.

That’s why I said what I did in my second point, because even though he’s only gliding and clearly tries to hit the body, he’s still responsible for the follow through and what happened.
Wilson does not and should not get the benefit of the doubt

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Reckless play. He'll be suspended 8-10 considering we already know he's been offered an in-person hearing.

I'm sure caps fans are defending this hit though.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Slamming someone’s head into the boards isn’t boarding?
That would probably be called roughing.
I don't feel the hit was illegal. Carlo actually put himself in a vulnerable position just before Wilson hit him by lowering his head. If he keeps his head up and takes the hit like he should have the probably wouldn't be an issue.
I'm sure Wilson will get a few games just because the league is trying to take the physical play out of the game.
The game has been Americanized.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Hahaha. Or, you know, Wilson is just dirty player.
To my eye it looked like Wilson was in a blind rage after losing a physical battle with a Bruin player up the ice. Then he went into some kind of rage, and Carlo just happened to present a defenceless target. Wilson definitely lost control there, and very much deserves a stiff suspension.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I don't feel the hit was illegal. Carlo actually put himself in a vulnerable position just before Wilson hit him by lowering his head. If he keeps his head up and takes the hit like he should have the probably wouldn't be an issue.
I'm sure Wilson will get a few games just because the league is trying to take the physical play out of the game.
Maybe we will see a time when players making a check must first make a play in the puck? If Wilson makes a play on the puck he can still hit Carlo, but he wouldn’t have crossed the line with the boarding of the head into the glass.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
No excuse for a hit like this in the game, contact to the body 1st as some say or not. He finished with his hands to the head. If he kept them low and just crushed him shoulders to the boards and his head snap into the glass, it still would not have made the crushing impact that Carlo's head took.
Fans of any team that had a player hurt like this would be outraged.
Some players just don't get it. Wilson is obviously one of them. Too bad, he's actually a valuable 2 way player, but his emotions make him do dumb, dangerous stuff.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
To my eye it looked like Wilson was in a blind rage after losing a physical battle with a Bruin player up the ice. Then he went into some kind of rage, and Carlo just happened to present a defenceless target. Wilson definitely lost control there, and very much deserves a stiff suspension.
Bingo! We have a winner!

The schnook was looking for the best opportunity to hit someone with his guard down. 5 Bruin skaters on the ice, and Wilson hits the one guy who doesn’t see him.

If this was the first time Wilson did something like this, I might give him the benefit of the doubt, but it’s not the first time. Not even close.

The man has no honor and is a gutless turd in my book. Be a man, Tom. Next time don’t single out the only guy that doesn’t see you.

Reactions: Dessloch and lopey

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Carlo lowered his head to avoid Wilson's stick, and Wilson then raised his hands to make sure he hit him in the head. Dude should be banned the rest of the season and post-season with a massive fine. That hit is indefensible.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Slasher45

Nov 17, 2018
For those who say it wasn't boarding

Why wasn't it?

Boarding doesn't have to be a hit from behind according to the rulebook

Reactions: lopey

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Bingo! We have a winner!

The schnook was looking for the best opportunity to hit someone with his guard down. 5 Bruin skaters on the ice, and Wilson hits the one guy who doesn’t see him.

If this was the first time Wilson did something like this, I might give him the benefit of the doubt, but it’s not the first time. Not even close.

The man has no honor and is a gutless turd in my book. Be a man, Tom. Next time don’t single out the only guy that doesn’t see you.
Maybe part of Wilson’s coming suspension should include an evaluation to determine this blind rage he gets overcome by? If he does come back to play (which I’m sure he will; he is a really good player) shouldn’t the Department of Player Safety do more than just suspend?

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
If Wilson gets suspended. Whatsup with these refs?

They should be reviewed

Two games in a row. Lack of obvious calls
Also Washington is clearly the dirtiest team in the league at this point. Vrana cross-checked Carlo's neck into the ice for Christ's sake. He should be suspended too. Just a classless team tbh.

Reactions: Ladyfan and CDJ

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Someone posted the boarding rule , i was wrong in thinking its hitting numbers, its actually pretty vague how its written. Basically any hit on the boards could be viewed as "boarding" Obviously because of the brutality and outcome of this hit its being looked at and probably deemed Boarding.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Reckless play. He'll be suspended 8-10 considering we already know he's been offered an in-person hearing.

I'm sure caps fans are defending this hit though.
Hopefully they add on the 8-10 they misremembered from last week

20 probably a nice number

Sep 19, 2008
"If this is a suspendable play then all hitting really is going to probably have to be removed because [Wilson] didn't take any strides, he didn't target the head, a player was up against the boards, he was upright and Tom hit him hard," Laviolette said. "I hope the player's OK, but, for me, the call I think was correct on the ice last night. This hit happens so many times through the course of the game where somebody hits somebody against the boards and so I think we're still hopeful that Tom will be available to us."

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Wilson needs to be taught a lesson just like Raffi Torres but alas the NHL likely won't do that because the fact of the matter is they really don't give a shit about player safety

Given Wilsons history and the nature of this predatory hit this needs to be 20+ games.

Wilson once again CLEARLY intends to injure a player and there was no reason for it at all

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Also Washington is clearly the dirtiest team in the league at this point. Vrana cross-checked Carlo's neck into the ice for Christ's sake. He should be suspended too. Just a classless team tbh.
Honestly when I first watched the clip rather than focus on whether it was a dirty hit, my first thought was "wtf is Vrana doing?"

A guy is crumping to the ice holding his head and he keeps crosschecking him.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
"If this is a suspendable play then all hitting really is going to probably have to be removed because [Wilson] didn't take any strides, he didn't target the head, a player was up against the boards, he was upright and Tom hit him hard," Laviolette said. "I hope the player's OK, but, for me, the call I think was correct on the ice last night. This hit happens so many times through the course of the game where somebody hits somebody against the boards and so I think we're still hopeful that Tom will be available to us."
Coach protecting his player. Didn’t expect that.

Reactions: rfournier103
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad