Post-Game Talk: Willie Desjardins 4, Los Angeles Kings 3: The one with the gilded bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Crawford?

I want Kruger, he allows his players to play a skilled game, and puts players in positions to succeed. Look at what he did to Yakapov, he has been the only coach to coach yakapov right. That Oilers team also was a significantly better team then previously, with each of their young guys taking a step up. Not to mention his fake olympics preformance.

Kruger is the best choice for a young team IMO. Too bad he's stuck being an executive, maybe if we throw enough money at him.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I guess it depends on what the team wants to do, if we really want to tank 2018 draft management may elect to keep this moron.

But even then, the way he handles Horvat and Goldobin just makes me feel that we cannot have ANY young players in the line up, everything Willie touches literally turns into absolute sh!t.

What a dilemma...

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
right now i think wd is kept around to tank on purpose...is why hes overplaying megna but thats just giving him too much credit. hes ****ing stupid.

is also why linden knows he sucks and he doesnt want to rehire another coach so fast...but let this season run out and hopefully hire crawford.

No. I'd rather draft in a worse position but actually have a competent coach that knows how to handle young players. It's so much more important right now. I'm one of the biggest tank advocates on here, and ideally I'd like both, but there is no limit to the amount of incompetence Willie shows.

We need a coach who's not afraid to put young players in the best position to succeed and emphasise a skill game rather than a trap game. I'd like to play like the Maple Leafs. They want fans to stick around and support this team but they give us this garbage? At least make the team half entertaining to watch. Give the kids a long leash.

A cancer of a coach like this can ruin young players' confidence and even careers.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
**** you, Willie. It takes one hell of a piece of **** to make me this choked about a team I care about this much. Garbage.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Crawford?

I want Kruger, he allows his players to play a skilled game, and puts players in positions to succeed. Look at what he did to Yakapov, he has been the only coach to coach yakapov right. That Oilers team also was a significantly better team then previously, with each of their young guys taking a step up. Not to mention his fake olympics preformance.

Kruger is the best choice for a young team IMO. Too bad he's stuck being an executive, maybe if we throw enough money at him.

I loved Kruger in Edmonton, would he come back to hockey, he has a pretty sweet gig in the UK

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think Goldobin with Granlund and Boucher could be interesting

Gives them a playmaker

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
I think Goldobin with Granlund and Boucher could be interesting

Gives them a playmaker

yea willie is a tard, top 9 lines i would do is

sven horvat eriksson
sedin sedin sutter
goldobin granlund boucher.

****ing willie! his name is so stupid which seriously reflects his brain too.

he wont be able to figure that out while picking megna over boucher and overplaying him worse than AV did to glass. tanner ****ing glass!

also this ....

Last edited:

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Jesus their parents named their kids Jayson and Jaycob instead of normal names. What's with their obsession with adding a "y" to names?

Their dad's name is Jay.

Jayson = Jay's son

I guess they decided to follow suit with the second child. I agree that it's stupid and normal names with unique spellings are one of my biggest pet peeves.

Last edited:

member 202355

Willie's face after the 4-3 goal was great. Linden's look of disappointment at the draft lottery, Benning's look of shock at the draft, and now this. These guys make the best faces.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
**** you, Willie. It takes one hell of a piece of **** to make me this choked about a team I care about this much. Garbage.

This. I've stopped wearing anything with a Canucks logo on it. I'll support a struggling or rebuilding team, but I'm not giving my tacit approval to outright incompetence. Willie has got to go.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
I don't think I've ever seen Canucks fans so angry after a win.

I'm angry too, but only because this meaningless win messes with the tank, which is all we really have going for us right now.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

I'm angry too, but only because this meaningless win messes with the tank, which is all we really have going for us right now.

It's also the realization that the positive moves at the TDL are meaningless as long as we have a one-track minded donkey getting last say on how our young players are used (or not used).

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
It's also the realization that the positive moves at the TDL are meaningless as long as we have a one-track minded donkey getting last say on how our young players are used (or not used).

Pretty much this, the team wants to get younger but the guy in direct control of the players is going to ruin them.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015

It's as if this management group and Coach are just disgruntled employees trying to anger everyone around them.

For the past few years this team has been such a joke. Now, we are clearly out of the playoffs, have a line up with a heralded prospect and the bench gets shortened during a 4-1 lead, after he scores.

Newspaper articles were written about how happy the general fan base was after deadline day.

Can't fathom a situation that could have upset the fan base more during last nights game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad