Post-Game Talk: Willie Desjardins 4, Los Angeles Kings 3: The one with the gilded bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Was tied up on the phone. what went down post game? What excuse did willie use this time?

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
It's pretty crazy to imagine what Bo Horvat would be with a competent coach and better team mates. I just love this kid.

Willie D is a moron but he will ultimately come through for us in this last stretch of the season. Nolan, Nico or bust.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
There's really no point in firing Willie now. April 10th we can start interviewing new coaches though.

I don't know what their plan is with Travis Green, but there could be some decent candidates available.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I was wondering what happened to Goldobin when I was checking the stats for this game and saw him with a goal but just over 5 mins of ice time. I thought he must have gotten injured but reading the last few pages of this thread it sounds like it was just Willie being Willie?

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I was wondering what happened to Goldobin when I was checking the stats for this game and saw him with a goal but just over 5 mins of ice time. I thought he must have gotten injured but reading the last few pages of this thread it sounds like it was just Willie being Willie?

That and they spent a lot of time killing penalties in the 3rd.

JA

Goldobin has the game-winning goal! He scores in his debut as a Canuck.

One shot, one goal, +1 in 5:51 of TOI.

He had just two shifts after his goal, then was benched for the remainder of the game. 5 shifts averaging 0:44 in the first period; 3 shifts averaging 0:35 in the second period; 2 shifts averaging 0:11 in the third period.

He played tentatively overall, but pounced when he saw the opportunity for offense.

To bench him was outrageous.

Nikolay+Goldobin+Vancouver+Canucks+v+Los+Angeles+nAZs03EJVFCx.jpg

Mar417_Goldy_FN2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
What a disgusting piece of **** of a **** you you garbage Bill Laforge trash can coach. Worst piece of **** in franchise history aside from Messier.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Might be the most annoying win in modern team history.

LA wins if they had traded for Miller instead of Bishop.
Two completely fluke goals.
And Willie being Willie.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Those icetimes are garbage. I am legitimately mad right now.

6 minutes for Goldobin? Is that a joke?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Not even 6 minutes of icetime. ****ing joke. I am ready to ****ing flip on here pretty ****ing quick.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
So what was Willie's excuse for not playing Goldy? He wasn't ready for the new system? The new, amazingly great awesomely perfect system Willie deploys? This idiot coach has made this team pretty ****ing terrible to watch.

I am not happy right now.

Paulinvancouver

Dec 19, 2015
Sick goal on the shootout by Kuch in Buffalo tonight... check it out.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Not even 6 minutes of icetime. ****ing joke. I am ready to ****ing flip on here pretty ****ing quick.

Yeah when I saw the stats and saw him barely over 5 mins, the only logical explanation in my head was he must have gotten injured. Esp in a game where the Canucks only had a 32% Corsi, to sit some player is asinine, esp when there are multiple forwards under 20% Corsi and 1 forward at 10% Corsi. One would play him more even if it is just to try to shelter these guys who are obviously getting killed out there.

Paulinvancouver

Dec 19, 2015
Getzlaf, leading Anaheim in points has only 4 more points than Horvat. That's somewhat a positive.

Luongos Knob

PDO Kings
Jan 20, 2009
Yes willie, good job on benching goldobin. had to come out strong in the third.

oh whoops, oohh. you got outscored, outplayed and almost gave up a 3 goal lead in the 3rd.

gj gj gj

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Willie acts like this team is still playing for a playoff spot. What a sad, sad coach.

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
For all the whinging about Megna (and I am right there with you guys 99% of the time,) he played 9:37 which is his lowest total since December. Again, penalties were a part of this.

I completely agree - Megna saw less ice because of the penalties; sadly, it had nothing to do with terrible play. Because he apparently knows Willie's system...

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
I completely agree - Megna saw less ice because of the penalties; sadly, it had nothing to do with terrible play. Because he apparently knows Willie's system...

he knows more than just Willie's system....

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
right now i think wd is kept around to tank on purpose...is why hes overplaying megna but thats just giving him too much credit. hes ****ing stupid.

is also why linden knows he sucks and he doesnt want to rehire another coach so fast...but let this season run out and hopefully hire crawford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad