Value of: William Nylander for an RHD

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
As a Flames fan, I politely decline the trade, but I do like Nylander. Hamilton is almost criminally underrated.

With that being said, I wouldn't be so down on him. So maybe he has some confidence issues and didn't perform well. He is young and he will get better. Whether it is as a center or winger, I would just keep Nylander and just try to add to your team by moving other pieces and looking in the UFA bin. I don't like the Leafs, but I have to say that Nylander will help your team win in the long run. Patience is virtue with youth, especially when it comes to the playoffs. IMO, you don't want to unbalance your team down the road by trading young offence now. Bruins have been playing exceptionally well this season, and are a tough team to match-up against with how they can stifle a team.

ref88

Feb 14, 2018
Dumba’s a legit first pairing, Spurgeon’s legit first pairing, Suter’s legit first pairing, Brodin’s the best #3 in the league. Good lord you guys are worse than Flames fans for overrating your defence.

None of those guys fetch Draisaitl or even close. Nylander isn’t worth as much as Leon but I still doubt you’d get him either.
thanks for the laugh

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Ehlers with that extra post-season apple gives him a lot more value, anyone who says otherwise is homer.

Quite the homerish statement. I'd love Ehlers on the Flames but its not like hes on an other level from the Toronto guys.

Just like you guys would love Hamilton.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Quite the homerish statement. I'd love Ehlers on the Flames but its not like hes on an other level from the Toronto guys.

Just like you guys would love Hamilton.
I was mocking the Jets fan in this thread that's been barking about how Nylander is a soft, valueless POS because of this playoffs, while at the same time propping up Ehlers as the son of god.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I was mocking the Jets fan in this thread that's been barking about how Nylander is a soft, valueless POS because of this playoffs, while at the same time propping up Ehlers as the son of god.
Well that guy does have a point. One guy is stepping up while the other guy has been hot garbage in these playoffs.

Reactions: Snowman

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
What would you add to get the first?
A pick of some sort. Spurgeon+Coyle for Nylander+2nd just seems like the Wild need more for a 1st pairing RHD (exactly what Toronto needs) and a top 6 RW with position identity issues. I’m not so sure Toronto should be trading Nylander either.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I legit could see a package of Nylander ++ for Doughty

It gives Leafs a franchise defender to work with and immediately shores up almost all of their defensive woes and it gives LA building blocks to revamp their roster a bit.

Leafs become a contender with Doughty on defense for them.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I hope the Leafs don't use Nylander to improve their porous defense. That should keep the Leafs as a free space on the playoff bingo card for years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad