Prospect Info: William Carrier (2014 via trade) ‎– '16-17: Buffalo #48 (NHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I've only seen him live twice but both times I walked away noting how hard he plays down low. He never stopped battling and pushing forward. Seeing his offense starting to come through at a pro level gives him a real shot.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

Definitely overlooked and absolutrly someone that should be graduating next season. Given our LW depth currently consists of the worst defensive forward in the nhl, the worst 5 million dollar player in the nhl, a bottom six guy in foligno, a broken man in ennis, someone who is ripe for a suspension, an unsigned rookie, and someone who can play anywhere in girgensons, there definitely seems like a spot open for the taking for him

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
When I have watched him I liked his size, work ethic and straight ahead skating. I saw nothing to indicate any offensive flair but to be fair the few games I saw of Rochester did not have me thinking we had any sure fire prospects there. I look forward to being wrong.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I think Carrier and Dupuy were the most underrated Amerks

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
When I have watched him I liked his size, work ethic and straight ahead skating. I saw nothing to indicate any offensive flair but to be fair the few games I saw of Rochester did not have me thinking we had any sure fire prospects there. I look forward to being wrong.
He, he doesn't have a ton of flair to his offensive game. But in an ideal world, if he hits his ceiling, I'd say he could potentially be a top-6 glue guy, ala a Girgensons or Hecht type that can slide into a top 6 role for defensive, size, and grit. That said, much more likely, IMO, is steady bottom 6 winger.

SamsonReinFart

Mar 15, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Definitely overlooked and absolutrly someone that should be graduating next season. Given our LW depth currently consists of the worst defensive forward in the nhl, the worst 5 million dollar player in the nhl, a bottom six guy in foligno, a broken man in ennis, someone who is ripe for a suspension, an unsigned rookie, and someone who can play anywhere in girgensons, there definitely seems like a spot open for the taking for him

Why can I not figure out who you're talking about - Deslauriers perhaps? Were his numbers that bad last year? Legitimately asking, in case this reads as sarcasm or me contesting that fact.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Why can I not figure out who you're talking about - Deslauriers perhaps? Were his numbers that bad last year? Legitimately asking, in case this reads as sarcasm or me contesting that fact.

Yes, that's who I am referring to. It may be a bit of an exaggeration, but not by much.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I think Carrier and Dupuy were the most underrated Amerks

Dupuy definitely showed a bit of promise. Had a few surprising highlight reel plays, too. I think he could be a nice checking line player in the not too distant future for us.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Carrier has the sort of sand teams need in their bottom 6. I don't see him as a top-6 guy unless it's an emergency situation like Des had when injury (and trade) had him up the lineup, but he could give them more classic pro-style winger play. And he could also surprise and turn out to be a bit more than that.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
loved him in his draft year and was thrilled that he was a piece in the Miller deal. His growth has been pretty impressive, it'd be huge if he can take another step this year and become our version of a Nieto/Wingels type bottom 6er

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Let's hope. Mike Grier was a fantastic overall hockey player. If Carrier comes anywhere close to that, then we have a gem.

Carrier has the sort of sand teams need in their bottom 6. I don't see him as a top-6 guy unless it's an emergency situation like Des had when injury (and trade) had him up the lineup, but he could give them more classic pro-style winger play. And he could also surprise and turn out to be a bit more than that.

Agreed on both sentiments. I doubt Carrier is a top 6 player, especially with our current top 6 talent. But who knows, maybe he ends up being the perfect fit for Eichel. Top 6 is a funny thing for wingers.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I see him on a few shifts getting caught struggling to break-out of the zone and I'd suspect this is why he's been getting the 5 minute TOI treatment, but I think out of all the rookies, he's the one who really deserves the roster spot and can contribute the most as a bottom-6 roleplayer. The others are still gunning for a top-6 role and really need the Rochester time. Could be the Folingo replacement on the bottom-6 as Folingo has been doing way too much to get low minutes while the rest of the top-6 has trouble showing any heart.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I think he's played his last game in Rochester.

I really like what he brings - he was able to be an effective member of that top line. I can see him being a long-term staple on that line.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I think he's played his last game in Rochester.

I really like what he brings - he was able to be an effective member of that top line. I can see him being a long-term staple on that line.

ROR made Deslaurius look like a scorer. He's a 3rd liner, but a good 3rd liner.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Have been saying it since preseason. This kid is ready and it shows. Good pick up from that trade.
I watched him in Rochester a few games, but I would like a member who watches Rochester regularly to let us know who Carrier had chemistry with.

Thanks.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
I love the energy he brings to the game, really is all over the ice. Love to see him on the top two lines more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad