Votes: 31 37.3%
  • Don’t know yet

Votes: 27 32.5%

• Total voters

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’m much more worried about the local hockey community. The local rinks and youth programs. My kids love to play. I like playing. Not sure how much the NHL team tanks the availability of ice and programs. I imagine it’s going to hurt badly.

As for being a fan, I prefer watching the CHL, USHL, and NCAA anyway. Though, it’s more fun to have an NHL rooting interest to anchor that to. So I’ll probably just stick with whatever the Coyotes become. Mostly because I can follow the path of young amateur players through that lens. Which is more fulfilling as a fan.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
The only way forward I see is that Bettman works with Ishiba to get him to buy the team from Muerelo and then he can work on a duel facility with Suns & Coyotes together.

Otherwise, relocation is the only option...just hope that it is Kansas City rather than Houston

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Follow for a couple years but as the roster inevitably turns over and is predominantly filled with players who never played in AZ…I’ll lose touch.

Let’s go Devils.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I am bitter about the NHL felating east valley fans like they were the f***ing saviors. The problem was never west valley fans, the problem was not being centrally located in a hugely spread out metropolitan like Phoenix.
Yeah, I'll be interested in how the narrative is spun now. It's gonna get ugly, very ugly.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
This feels way too much like hanging out with your ex-girlfriend while she goes on dates with another guy. Laughing at his jokes. Giving him pointers in bed. No f***ing chance.
This is so damn true and hilarious haha

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
I’m much more worried about the local hockey community. The local rinks and youth programs. My kids love to play. I like playing. Not sure how much the NHL team tanks the availability of ice and programs. I imagine it’s going to hurt badly.

Why would ice availability be hurt? would any of the rinks close?

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
They still got 2 years at ASU..

However if they move, I will always follow them as I am from Alberta ..

I dont see a deal happening with Phoenix as they currently are suing them and have likely burnt that bridge..

I dont know what this talking Shtick ( no idea on the spelling)thing is but unless they allow them an entertainment district I dont think it is doable.. as he wont make revenue on the team or arena alone..

I think anything going forward that has to do with voters deciding on an outcome will fail. All of this negative press will stick with people.

Having said all of that.. Gary will still do everything possible to keep them there

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I am bitter about the NHL felating east valley fans like they were the f***ing saviors. The problem was never west valley fans, the problem was not being centrally located in a hugely spread out metropolitan like Phoenix.
Yeah the whole everything will be fine once they're in the east valley line is finally put to bed. I think the NHL's and multiple owner's attitude towards us west siders once the subsidy was gone did nothing but hurt this team. They made no effort to draw any west side fans or business sponsorships. In fact they did the opposite by shitting on us for years and tanked the team from a business standpoint. They could have still looked for a new home while embracing the community they were in. That reputation they earned was definitely used against them in this vote.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Funny, I don’t feel very felated. Heartsick if anything.

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
They still got 2 years at ASU..

However if they move, I will always follow them as I am from Alberta ..

I dont see a deal happening with Phoenix as they currently are suing them and have likely burnt that bridge..

I dont know what this talking Shtick ( no idea on the spelling)thing is but unless they allow them an entertainment district I dont think it is doable.. as he wont make revenue on the team or arena alone..

I think anything going forward that has to do with voters deciding on an outcome will fail. All of this negative press will stick with people.

Having said all of that.. Gary will still do everything possible to keep them there
The point of the years at ASU was for while they were building the TED. I doubt they stay just to stay.

Reactions: Jakey53

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Firstly, **** this sucks. Lived thru it in Winnipeg. Hearts out to the many fantastic locals that I have come to know vicariously thru this forum. If this is the end, I hope you all stay involved in hockey and on these forums.

That said, I am a fan of the team...I had zero connection to Arizona before my team relocated there...so I will continue to follow them. UNLESS the new team name and kit sucks.

Reactions: LT and Muppet

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I've always been more of a prospect watcher and I have the Knights (London) so I'll probably just not watch any NHL hockey for a year or two, might follow @Summer Rose eventually and I'll probably still be...somewhat active on these boards? I have fantasy hockey so I can't just quit entirely but I was already tired of thousands of opposing fans shitting on my team, players, and ownership already. I was a transplant from TOR > WPG > ARI so I don't really have anywhere else of particular interest of me. I can think of a few teams I like but nothing remotely close to the last nearly 8 years I've had here. It's a real shame too because I was really excited about this draft and the future of the on ice product.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I play at the Coyotes Community Ice Center in Mesa. I’m guessing it benefits from some subsidies from the team. I also expect the rinks where the Junior Coyotes play do. And the Little Howlers.
Lindsey's Small Fry's as well which is even more specialized as it caters specifically to little girls. I could see something like that fizzling away as well. This whole thing just sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad