• No

Votes: 31 37.3%
  • Don’t know yet

Votes: 27 32.5%

• Total voters

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
I’ll jump to being an Avs fan. Fiancé’s family is from Denver so we’re there pretty often. I watch them more often than the Yotes right now because I have ESPN+ but not Ballys

Reactions: Ararana

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'll root for them unless they move to Houston...can't stand anything Texas...so if it's anywhere but there, I'll still root for the team.

Well, hope Plan B is a reality, but my guess is that Plan B is relocation

Reactions: LuckyNumber11

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
I got on this bandwagon when I moved to Glendale in 2013. I got on because I love the state of Arizona and love an underdog sports team.

If they leave, I'll ... I dunno ... back to the Stars? Whatever. Dunno yet. But following them to Houston or Quebec is not an option. No way.

wbwing

Aug 28, 2014
I can't unfortunately. Grew up on the wings. Switched to the Coyotes and was getting my two toddlers into the team. A father/sons thing. I'm going to go away from NHL hockey for a while, just focus on kids. See if in a few years the Wings interest me again. But this might be it for hockey for me.... Certainly for my sons.

Reactions: 0point1

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I can't unfortunately. Grew up on the wings. Switched to the Coyotes and was getting my two toddlers into the team. A father/sons thing. I'm going to go away from NHL hockey for a while, just focus on kids. See if in a few years the Wings interest me again. But this might be it for hockey for me.... Certainly for my sons.

I suppose I should take back what I said earlier.

We still have the Devils. I wouldn’t mind going to watch ASU hockey and committing to that full time instead of the NHL.

wbwing

Aug 28, 2014
I suppose I should take back what I said earlier.

We still have the Devils. I wouldn’t mind going to watch ASU hockey and committing to that full time instead of the NHL.
Maybe. The only sports I followed were college football and hockey. Have given up on college football. With the NIL, there is no way ASU could ever compete. If ASU hockey can actually compete, I might get into it. But not ready to give an investment to another team that has everything stacked against it.

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
I didn't grow up in this country.I was (and I still am) Sparta Prague fan.But I always supported local team.I lived in Bay Area when Sharks started .I saw them in COW Palace and later in San Jose.I lived in Carolina when they won Stanley Cup and will never forget it.When I moved here in 2007 I started following ups and downs (mostly downs) of Coyotes.I am very sad not only because I won't be able to go to NHL games but also because I believe that this Coyotes team actually has a future.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Don't know yet. Probably won't. I stopped following the Red Wings when I moved to AZ because I like to root for my home team. Won't go back, but I probably won't follow this team wherever either.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Realistically I'll probably help the new fans with rundowns on players and whatnot for a bit, then just fall off hockey.

Reactions: RABBIT

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
If it becomes clear Meruelo tanked those deal on purpose to relocate, I'm almost certainly out. If it was just run of the mill Coyote incompetence I'll probably stick around. I still like the players, BA, prospects like Cooley and general on ice direction of the team. That plus unlike most fans facing this situation, we can't say the NHL didn't give us a million chances so not being bitter towards the NHL in general helps. Don't get me wrong, they weren't perfect angels or anything but this wasn't some backing up trucks in the middle of the night shit either. Arizona is just full f***ing political nut jobs man, absolute snakes around every corner.

Realistically I'll probably help the new fans with rundowns on players and whatnot for a bit, then just fall off hockey.
This is probably a realistic scenario for me as well, I can see me hanging in the new forum for awhile still talking shop with no guarantees of sticking around longterm. It'll be like a trial period, I'll either get hooked or move to greener pastures.

Reactions: ck26

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
This is probably a realistic scenario for me as well, I can see me hanging in the new forum for awhile still talking shop with no guarantees of sticking around longterm. It'll be like a trial period, I'll either get hooked or move to greener pastures.
This feels way too much like hanging out with your ex-girlfriend while she goes on dates with another guy. Laughing at his jokes. Giving him pointers in bed. No f***ing chance.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Reading the replies to Clayton Keller's tweet about the vote (a sad face emoji), I am now of the opinion that I will not only not follow the team to its new city, but I will stop following hockey altogether.

The game is beautiful, but the League is just awful. And following it on social media would expose me to the most abhorrent shitheels in the fandom, who make Star Wars superfans look mild and reasonable by comparison.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
C'mon....hockey is bigger than any team

Generally you expect the game to give you something to personally enjoy if you invest yourself in the team. We got like two or three competent years out of the last 23. It's completely understandable if people feel minimal attachment after the token owner takes a dive for the league. Nobody wants to be used like that.

Yanking the rug out after they finally turn a corner management wise is just salting the earth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad