Will you boo Ryan Kesler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloydTheBarber

Aug 10, 2006
The more news that comes out of this "saga" the more I want to boo Kesler.

Possibly my favorite Canuck of this era, but now I'm so glad we are rid of this alleged "locker room cancer".

Good riddance. Yeah, I'll boo him if I attend a Ducks game.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
No, I think he had one of the biggest hearts on this team especially last season it seemed he was the only one to show up to every game I noticed him in every game basically. And the year before when we got swept by the Sharks remember that game we're he scored the first goal and goes over to the Shark's bench and says " there's plenty more where that came from" and then proceeded to give us the lead 2-1.

And in 2011 shutting down Toews, taking over the Nashville series, scoring that huge tying goal against the Sharks with 14 seconds to go, setting up the game winner against the Bruins in game 1 while playing hurt.

He's done a lot for this team and he deserves to play for a contender.

Edit: Also GMMG couldn't get him decent linemates just thought I'd throw that in as well

Last edited:

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
All I know is that Kesler will haunt this team for years to come. You know he will get up for every game against the Canucks. It's just how he is. He will want to try and destroy them every chance he gets. I just hope he doesn't try and hit the Sedins. I'm also interested to see how he and Burows play against each other. That could be really interesting to watch. Perry and Kesler are going to be absolutely hell to play against. I really do see a bromance forming between those two.

A great quote from CDC:

Posted Today, 09:51 AM
From Selke winner to sulky whiner,
from 'beast mode' to 'boast mode'.
-Jagorim Jarg

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/361497-article-good-bye-kesler/

When he played for us, he gave it his all. MG/AV played a big part in screwing this team up. I'm sure the Schneider/Luongo debacle has pissed off a lot of Canucks. Kesler took a discount to play for this team so that they could be a contender. If he truly only cared for himself he would have held out for more money, but he was a team player in that case. Can you imagine how much harder it would have been to get rid of him if he was making even more money?

He's a *****. He always has been. Remember when he took shots at Lu in an olympic intermission interview in Vancouver? His competitive drive is why his attitude is such garbage, but that's what some players need to be like to win. He is ruthless. He signed for a good cap hit and that allowed him to be traded a contender. That's one of the benefits you get from signing to a solid cap hit and having an NTC. If you sign a massive contract, good luck trying to ask for a trade to a contender. It's quite clear that the Sedins are on the decline. Does Daniel even know how to score anymore? Kesler knows he plays a reckless game and he may only have a few decent years left in him. This team is def. not going to be a contender for a few years so we might as well get something back. It's too bad the list wasn't a little bigger, but what can you do?

The only thing that irked me is that he is a bit of a coward when around the trade deadline he was talking about how it is really tough to be in trade rumours and how he loves vancouver when he was the one that requested the trade. It's just sneaky. He saw what happened to Lu so instead of owning up to his decision he tried to make it seem like he was the one being shipped out by management so the fans wouldn't hate him. For that, he can go **** himself. Just someone that was trying to be sneaky so that the fans would still like him.

Remember when Eddie Lack fell for that fake rumour at the trade deadline and told kes that he was traded to the penguins at practice? I'm kinda thinking that he didn't give a damn that he gave Kes the wrong info. :laugh:

Last edited:

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Kes is getting torn apart on the Canucks facebook page. The canucks facebook page made a good luck post with his picture on it. :laugh: Fans are pissed!!!

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Kesler is, was and always will be an arrogant dbag.

If I'm at the Anaheim game, course I'm gonna boo him.

He turned his back on this team after one significant year of struggle.

He thinks he's a leader but he a piece of garbage.

Glad he's gone.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Nope, won't boo him. Don't want to be a classless Canucks fan. Besides, it's not like he's Messier or Nathan Lafayette.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Was his 4 year comment referring to the twins contracts being up or maybe benning told him the team would be a contender again in 4 years.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
I will boo. My wife has been advocating for his trade for 2-3 years already citing that she felt he was a cancer in the team.

Now stuff coming out about players being ecstatic that he's gone and stories of him being mean to lower level staff at the arena.. Good riddance

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
None of you feel that he disrespected the franchise by essentially running for the hills when the going got tough? I mean, that is the antithesis of being a team guy. In my opinion, it's insulting to everyone involved in the franchise, including the fans.

I know he worked hard when he was a Canuck, but the moment that hard work wasn't enough, he wanted out.

Agreed, I'll be boooing loud and proud. The fact he handcuffed the team with only 2 teams was just icing on the cake. Screw Kesler. Good riddance. Was sick of his inability to pass the puck.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Agreed, I'll be boooing loud and proud. The fact he handcuffed the team with only 2 teams was just icing on the cake. Screw Kesler. Good riddance. Was sick of his inability to pass the puck.

We let him handcuff the team and we caved to his demands...Kesler is a clown, this isn't a surprise...the fact we let the inmates run the asylum around here is worse IMO than what Kesler did.

50 Shades of Vey

Vey is Grey
Sep 30, 2013
I will boo. My wife has been advocating for his trade for 2-3 years already citing that she felt he was a cancer in the team.

Now stuff coming out about players being ecstatic that he's gone and stories of him being mean to lower level staff at the arena.. Good riddance

I feel the same way.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

Any articles where I can read about that?

The only interaction I know is from a friend's friend. He was having an interview at Rogers Arena and went up to say hi to ryan. Kesler was all like do i know you? Like the guy was crazy for daring to speak to him. Obviously not that bad, but he's just kind of a jerk. :laugh:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Everyone knew about Kesler's attitude ,so this kind of stuff coming out should be no surprise. Was never a huge fan of him but appreciate his play for us and respect his ability.

Probably won't boo him, but I hope he never wins anything and continues to decline.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Any articles where I can read about that?

The only interaction I know is from a friend's friend. He was having an interview at Rogers Arena and went up to say hi to ryan. Kesler was all like do i know you? Like the guy was crazy for daring to speak to him. Obviously not that bad, but he's just kind of a jerk. :laugh:

Yes I know it's Spector but he must know something about it if he mentions it.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/kesler-wore-out-his-welcome-with-canucks/

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Kesler said he "couldn't wait 4 years", and that "he wanted to win now". He has always been like this a competitor who hates losing. So I respect this aspect of his and won't boo him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad