Will you boo Ryan Kesler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
Pretty simple question.

Come November 20th, when Ryan Kesler makes his return to Vancouver (after 11 years with the franchise) as a member of the Ducks, will you boo him? Whether it be at the arena, at home, whatever...

I guess this is also a referendum on whether or not you're bitter towards him for how he acted. I mean, we have never taken kindly to players asking for trades from the city; it took the better part of a decade and a half for Pavel Bure's image to be fully recuperated, and then there's Steve Francis...

So I know I'll be sneering whenever his picture comes up on the screen. What about you?

Ventana*

No. He's done a lot for this team and him wanting to go to a contender rather than stick with a basement team is understandable. The guy is all heart and wants to win.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Yeah - he basically said to his teammates "you guys aren't good enough for me - I'm going to a team with better players so I can win".

Leadership?

Booo.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Nope, admire a player who wants to win as bad as he does.

Glad he was smart enough to realize that it wasn't going to happen here, I wish other NTC guys would feel the same way.

lolcatz

Mar 6, 2011
Kesler's personality sucks...but you have to take the high road, so no booing.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Sure, right now. After a few months and a couple of beers I will probably won't care. Good thing we don't have a game against ANA tomorrow,

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
No he was one of the few players that gave it his all.... He wants to win and doesn't believe he can in Vancouver and given his age he doesn't want to wait around... I can respect that.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Whatever. At his age, I don't blame him for wanting a change of scenery. We all knew what his personality was like, this shouldn't come as a shock.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
None of you feel that he disrespected the franchise by essentially running for the hills when the going got tough? I mean, that is the antithesis of being a team guy. In my opinion, it's insulting to everyone involved in the franchise, including the fans.

I know he worked hard when he was a Canuck, but the moment that hard work wasn't enough, he wanted out.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Absolutely. I have no problem with players wanting out, but he essentially made it public by running his mouth in the Olympics, and only gave us two teams he would accept a trade to. He ****ed us over and I hope he never wins a cup.

This is the player everyone wanted to be captain, but he jumped ship in the worst possible way. I didn't mind Bourque going to a contender in Colorado, but Kesler really put the Canucks in a ****** position.

For all the **** talk about Sedins, I really doubt they would ever do something like this. I would have rather had Bieksa or Burrows as the captain ahead of Kesler back then, and this just confirms my feelings back then.

Maccas

Aug 26, 2010
England
Am I annoyed by him leaving? Meh.
Am I annoyed by his comments afterwards? Hells yes
Would I boo him because of it? Nope.

I think he has been disrespectful to his teammates and to the team but it's much easier just to take the high road. I am sure the locker room will be a better place without his presence. We need more Bieksa and less Kesler!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad