• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Lol…so what’s Montreal excuse..they’ve lost 9 in a row…at the end of the season and knowing if they just lose they get #1 pick? Not buying it.
I've been trying to figure this out for months. Players and coaches don't tank, GM's do. How on earth could the Habs be this bad? From cup finalist to dead last in the league. Caufield and Suzuki almost have to be in on it. But st. Louis? Hell no!!!

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

I hope Shane Doan represents the Coyotes at the draft lottery.

Cmon Balls!
Ultimate Troll Job: Arizona jumps in the lottery Montreal for Shane Wright, when the draft is in Montreal. Imagine the boos from the crowd. Ah that would be wonderful. Such quintessential Yotes. ...
*with Shane Doan, of all the supposed Francophone-haters, representing us!*

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I've been trying to figure this out for months. Players and coaches don't tank, GM's do. How on earth could the Habs be this bad? From cup finalist to dead last in the league. Caufield and Suzuki almost have to be in on it. But st. Louis? Hell no!!!

Injuries are part of the problem. The last game they won was the last game Jake Allen completed. They've lost every contest since Price's injury, with Montembeault having an .872 sv% and Price at .853. Allen was .905 on the season. Not killing it, but had he not gone down they might have squeaked out a couple more wins.

To compound the problem, the Habs have only averaged 2 goals during the losing streak.

1651079683271.png

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
Boko better be a force to reckon with on this squad after seeing how he sparked the comeback against St. Louis to tie us up with the Habs.

Didn't he get the memo??

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
The rangers are resting all of their best players tonight against the habs and have literally nothing to play for aside from not getting hurt.

If the habs still find a way to lose this game they truly deserve to finish last. At least the coyotes are trying…

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
The rangers are resting all of their best players tonight against the habs and have literally nothing to play for aside from not getting hurt.

If the habs still find a way to lose this game they truly deserve to finish last. At least the coyotes are trying…
Not to make light of the trash battle we’ve had this year. What else can we do? We’re up against the cap, we’re not resting anyone and MSL has said he doesn’t want to lose. We are legitimately this bad this year. I don’t see us being this bad next year I see us finishing 6-10th

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Montreal wins. Last game is vs Florida, who has nothing to play for and might rest some guys (speculation).

Last place still within reach.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
So I suppose AZ has the tiebreaker against MTL and can’t finish last unless MTL also gets at least one point in their last game on Friday (and AZ also loses in regulation to NSH)??

p.s. I posted that question when it was 3-0 Dallas in the 3rd period before the Coyotes won it lol.

Last edited:

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Montreal wins. Last game is vs Florida, who has nothing to play for and might rest some guys (speculation).

Last place still within reach.

Too bad we came back from 3-0 down going into the 3rd period. Against a (now) playoff-bound team with everything to play for.

We've fought back a lot this year. Says great things about team culture, I hope it doesn't mean we get another Dylan Strome if the draft class ends up being players like McD, Eichel, Marner

Oh look, we won! I can't even watch anymore

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Too bad we came back from 3-0 down going into the 3rd period. Against a (now) playoff-bound team with everything to play for.

We've fought back a lot this year. Says great things about team culture, I hope it doesn't mean we get another Dylan Strome if the draft class ends up being players like McD, Eichel, Marner

Oh look, we won! I can't even watch anymore

There is no McDavid/Eichel in this draft, so no worries there.

And with Armstrong at the helm, there will be no Strome-esque mistake.

Reactions: The don godfather

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It's ok guys logan Cooley might be the better guy anyways. No worries.
BA took over as Director of Amateur Scouting in St Louis in 2011.

He picked 24 players in the first three rounds before leaving.

2 of 24 were under 5'11 and only 1 of the 24 was at the NTDP.

Not saying BA doesn't love Cooley (he might) but not much precedent (for whatever that's worth).

Reactions: The don godfather

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
So I suppose AZ has the tiebreaker against MTL and can’t finish last unless MTL also gets at least one point in their last game on Friday (and AZ also loses in regulation to NSH)??

p.s. I posted that question when it was 3-0 Dallas in the 3rd period before the Coyotes won it lol.
So it's your fault. You're off the hook @Grimes
:popcorn:

• Haha
Reactions: jmelm and Grimes

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Maybe it's better to have Montréal win one lottery and get passed in the other considering the prospects. Next year, they for sure tank again with lessons learned to rightfully earn the top odds and hopefully secure it in the lottery. This would then allow the team to start going on the up and magically win it from 11th worst to secure a 2nd 1st overall and use up our lottery luck for the 5 year period. They obviously make the playoffs and stay a playoff team/contender for at least 5 years thereafter.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
The positive of not getting Wright is it will be easier to not put the pick in the NHL next year as we're tanking again.

So it's your fault. You're off the hook @Grimes

@BAdvocate See the above quote from RemoAZ. It says it as well as I could.

One of Cooley/Slafkovsky/Nemec + Bedard is much better than Wright + (whoever?) a lot lower down in the draft order.

So I guess that means……you thank me?

Reactions: BAdvocate

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Bedard? I think the team could be better next season. Hard to say for sure until we see what BA does in the off season.
I agree. The silver lining with all the injuries is BA had more time evaluating the kids. And the kids that made the roster had more TOI and more time to mature and develop. We should be much better next year. Maybe even watchable. Like you said, let's see what BA does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad