• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Why is he AHL eligible? He’s not a CHL player.

Why is he unlikely to go there? Other than extreme circumstances like a global pandemic I’ve never once seen a first round pick de-commit from a D1 program to jump straight into minor pro hockey, before ever even playing a game. I don’t think it’s happened in Cooley’s lifetime anyway.

He’s going to go play for the Gophers for a year or two. Then he’ll turn pro. If you’re picking him in the top five, you hope that it’s all NHL after that. But we’ll see. One thing is for sure, it won’t be next season.

Reactions: jmelm and Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This. We can't even finish last this year with a worse roster.
Meh. If we finish dead last, we get, what, a 1:4 shot at him? If we finish sixth to last it’s 1:10, or something like that? I don’t think there’s much of a chance we’ll be better than more than a handful of teams. We just need lottery luck. Which is the same story as it would be if we finished 32nd.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
@BAdvocate See the above quote from RemoAZ. It says it as well as I could.

One of Cooley/Slafkovsky/Nemec + Bedard is much better than Wright + (whoever?) a lot lower down in the draft order.

So I guess that means……you thank me?

:popcorn:

Nothing personal to Remo, but I prefer to reference a specific quote from Jim Mora.

If I'm to thank you, I'd have to thank @Grimes first.....hmmmmm. you never know.

Maybe on May 10th I'll thank you both.

Reactions: jmelm

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada

Because, best case scenario, it would be suboptimal for his development. He hasn't even played in college yet, so he needs a year there to mature in all aspects on and off the ice, including mental and physical maturity. The jump from college to the AHL is big enough, but to bypass college and jump into the AHL would be crazy. He's a good prospect but he's not a generational talent (otherwise he'd be playing in the CHL instead of going the college route).

At least one year of college is what he needs, and then whoever drafts him could assess whether he should play another year in college, or a year in the AHL, or is ready to make the jump to the NHL.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Is Mrazek worse than Carter Hutton? I suspect we could be bribed to take his albatross and f a contract from the Leafs.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think we stand a decent chance to revive Mrazek should we acquire him. We have a track record of doing so. I think he could be a .910 goalie in AZ.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Is Mrazek worse than Carter Hutton? I suspect we could be bribed to take his albatross and f a contract from the Leafs.

Mrazek is a great choice to acquire if the goal is to try to finish low in the standings again, and would definitely be enticing if TOR sent a nice piece in return for taking him on.

Then, if somehow his game was revived, he could be traded with retention to a team that wants him as their backup.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Mrazek is a great choice to acquire if the goal is to try to finish low in the standings again, and would definitely be enticing if TOR sent a nice piece in return for taking him on.

Then, if somehow his game was revived, he could be traded with retention to a team that wants him as their backup.
That is the goal.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
That is the goal.

Well I was going to post last night, right before the first period started, that AZ should sign the goalie that was playing for the Panthers last night in their 10-2 loss. But then Vejmelka was doing a fine job of sucking, though I don't expect him to suck next season.

So if they can't get the FLA guy, but they can get Mrazek + a good asset in return, that's pretty much a no-brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad