Will we make the playoffs?

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I think the Mayor talked about it in a radio interview but this is the first full year of Sutter as a coach. I actually like Sutter, but his style of play is taxing. Stanley Cup, WCF, and now a full year of grind. The Kings look beat down.

Many have discussed the ever changing line combos that can be frustrating for players too.

Losing Penner tilted the balance of LAs lines. Frattin was supposed to help there but hasn't.

Mitchell and Greene have been slowed by injuries and RR hasn't been terrible but he is not Scuds.

Hoping for the break to get them back in form seems to be flimsy at best.

Maybe a trade will even the lines and be the least step forward.

I hope I'm wrong and that this team will find itself again.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Pretty revealing shot chart revealing where the Kings/Ducks goals come from:
BfwRgg9IcAAqmCN.png:large

Look at the stark contrast between the two teams when it comes to goals being generated from the middle of the ice.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I figured it would be a lot worse than that ^^^

If anything, I'm more worried about the lack of shots from the high slot than the slot in general

Also lo freaking l at the shots along the goal line

Degenerate

Feb 5, 2014
Depends how they play after the break. If they can consistently play like they were until they started sucking in early January, not only will they make the playoffs, but i'd bet money they would atleast win the WCF. Just depends how bad they want I suppose.

They really need to treat every game from here on like it's a playoff game and bring that level of intensity, it's the only way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad