Will we make the playoffs?

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
As bad as we've been, missing the playoffs hasn't even occurred to me as a possibility.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
With a Phoenix win tonight, the Kings would be 3 points removed from 9th place. The Canucks would be the 9th place team with 63 points. I would like to see them drop out of playoff contention, but the Coyotes winning doesn't do the Kings any favors.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
FYI, before the Christmas break in December, the Kings were +35 in GF/GA differential, which was 5th overall in the NHL.

They have since dropped to a +10. That is a disastrous downfall all thanks to their miserable offense.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I don't think so.

Minny will pass us soon.
Vancouver is in the same boat as us.
Phx usually plays decent towards the end of a season.
Dallas looks scary at times.
Nashville isn't too far back.

LA can't keep losing. Even if LA gets in as a 7-8 seed, they have to get through some very tough teams.

I don't have much hope for this year. In 12 we were hot going into the playoffs.

Maybe they can flip a switch but I think they are too gassed.

There is also no magic bullet trade that will wake everyone up.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I don't think so.

Minny will pass us soon.
Vancouver is in the same boat as us.
Phx usually plays decent towards the end of a season.
Dallas looks scary at times.
Nashville isn't too far back.

LA can't keep losing. Even if LA gets in as a 7-8 seed, we have to get through some very tough teams.

I don't have much hope for this year. In 12 we were hot going into the playoffs.

Maybe they can flip a switch but I think they are too gassed.

Minnesota is very hot and cold.
Vancouver will never pass us.
Phoenix is just an average team with great coaching. Doubt they pass us too.
I don't take Dallas seriously at all unless they play us :facepalm:
Nashville is just a really meh team. Doubt they even make the playoffs.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Teams outside the Pacific don't matter if Van/Phx don't pass us. Minnesota could 'pass' us as long as we don't fall into a wild card.

I think yes, we end solidly in #3, and we'll be playing SJ again, but without home ice.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Well I guess that kinda depends on what team shows up for the last stretch, right? If it's the team of the last 20+ games, we're screwed....if it's the team from the first 20+ games, we're fine.

WHO THE ****S KNOW WITH THIS INCONSISTENT PIECE OF **** TEAM?! Thanks for reading.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I not so quick to dismiss Vancouver or Phoenix.

I'm definitely not dismissing either, but I'm confident in our ability to stave them off down the home stretch. I know recent history begs to differ but the team we had been seeing is not the real team we have, imo. The break will be amazing for us.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
They've managed to make the playoffs 4 years in a row now. Until they actually do miss, I have no reason to think they will.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
FYI, before the Christmas break in December, the Kings were +35 in GF/GA differential, which was 5th overall in the NHL.

They have since dropped to a +10. That is a disastrous downfall all thanks to their miserable offense.

Over the last Ten games the Kings have allowed 2.98 GA. The Defense hasn't been good either. The PK has also been bad.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Yes, but it won't be easy. If this team could put a few wins together 2nd place is still within reach, especially the way the Sharks are playing.

My question is, after the first round do they re-seed if a wild card knocks off one of the top teams?

TopGunner

Gunning For Playoffs
Oct 8, 2013
Rowland Heights Ca.
I also think we make the playoffs "barely" Seeded somewhere between sixth and eight place. San Jose seems to be struggling to get wins too, But I just don't see us catching them.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Luckily our competition has been almost as bad as the Kings lately so I'll say yes. Even if we drop out at some point it will just spark the Kings to go into playoff mode and win their way back in again. They're always best when they have to be, it's when they're comfortable they stink.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
My question is, after the first round do they re-seed if a wild card knocks off one of the top teams?

I believe the answer to that question is "no". I _think_ that if a wild-card team gets bracketed into the other division, they stay there and play the winner of that division's other matchup.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
We're limping in, at the very least. With a chance of marching in with authority, depending on how our easier schedule in March goes.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
29th Offense...defense showing some lapses...Quick looking more human.

AND took 57 games to install Toffoli in top 6. If in top 6 ALL year, we would have 10 more points. What sucks, Tyler is probably 1 bad shift from being
put on the bottom 6 again...just friggin leave him with Kopitar and Carter.

Not making playoffs.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad