Will Todd Richards get fired before the end of the season?

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I see it happening unfortunately. Probably shortly into 2015 if the team doesn't rebound quickly.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
No and he shouldn't be. We've been losing because we have a bunch of players who shouldn't be here but have to be.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
No, there is no way I'd fire Todd. His system works, when we aren't 30+ million injured. Show me any coach that would have this team in the top 8 in the East at this point in the season.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Come on, this team is ONE point worse than last season after the first 15 games. In other words...right on track lol

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
No. Jarmo and JD seem to be bozos, but I don't think they'd be cowardly enough to can Richards for this ****

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I voted no but upon further review I think he might be IF the team gets healthy and fails to show marked improvement.

Doctor Spin

Oct 4, 2007
Uh yes. The last move JD can make before changing GMs or going himself is the coach. He was uninhibited about firing Howson to make room for one of his guys. I assume he has one of his guys who can coach as well. I would look for a new coach in early December unless the phoenix rises by then.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
I'd say the decision would hinge on how we play when we have guys like Dubi, Bob, JJ, Letestu, Anisimov, Murray, etc back in the lineup. It wouldn't make sense, or be fair to fire HCTR at this point because we've got half of the Springfield Falcon's roster on our team.

Todd has done everything he possibly can. The blame falls on the guys on the ice. Nobody has taken the opportunity to step up, which is why we've lost 9 straight. The guys playing the game need to get their heads out of their ***. I bet they'll feel awful if they cost Todd his job. He's a hell of a guy, and a hell of a coach. He deserves to get a better effort out of his players.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Too soon to say anything. If we lose another 5 or 6 in a row, even without the return of injured players, you might have to look at making the move.

Sure we've ran into major injuries, but no NHL team should lose this many in a row. Especially when you have 3 players producing around a PPG pace and 3 players at a 30 goal pace.

Every team in the NHL can play defense. Richards has to adjust and simplify our game. I think we should have become a clog up the neutral zone, counter team until we started getting players back. Especially with guys on defense like Prout and Savard with JJ and Murray out.

I've said the problem is systemic. It's up to the coach to stop the bleeding. I've said Richards is slow to adjust. All he's done is leave the same system in place and wait for the players to adjust. That translates to long losing streaks.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Too soon to say anything. If we lose another 5 or 6 in a row, even without the return of injured players, you might have to look at making the move.

Sure we've ran into major injuries, but no NHL team should lose this many in a row. Especially when you have 3 players producing around a PPG pace and 3 players at a 30 goal pace.

Every team in the NHL can play defense. Richards has to adjust and simplify our game. I think we should have become a clog up the neutral zone, counter team until we started getting players back. Especially with guys on defense like Prout and Savard with JJ and Murray out.

I've said the problem is systemic. It's up to the coach to stop the bleeding. I've said Richards is slow to adjust. All he's done is leave the same system in place and wait for the players to adjust. That translates to long losing streaks.

Um, yeah...let's just ignore the 10 regulars who have been out. 3 of your top 4 centers. Two top 4 guys. Your $6 million goalie. Let's ignore all that. THE COACH SHOULD BE WINNING DAG NAB IT.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
No, there are factors out of his control. I see him righting the ship and the Jackets going on a run, much like last year, but it remains to be seen if it will be enough to get in the playoffs

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

I see where you are going with this post. i agree with your points. Up to the coach to put in a square hole to match up with the square pegs.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Um, yeah...let's just ignore the 10 regulars who have been out. 3 of your top 4 centers. Two top 4 guys. Your $6 million goalie. Let's ignore all that. THE COACH SHOULD BE WINNING DAG NAB IT.

lol.

Please go back and find where I said anything of the sort. I know the world doesn't revolve around me, but I've illustrated the situation dozens of times.

Your post was cute. Made me giggle.

Thanks, you made me smile.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino