Will Timothy Jimothy Oshie be drafted by the Kraken?

Dabeast

Jun 13, 2014
South Florida
Because there's this thing called a "cap floor."
Salary cap requirements. The team has to take enough salary to be over the cap floor. So they can't just take cheap contracts.

Ah yes, I forgot about the old rule about how you have to have a minimum salary on guys who are gonna be 38. Simply spend the money on good players who fit in with your timeline

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Seattle probably takes him if he's available. Who are the other likely exposed players from Washington?

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
Isn't one of Samsonov or Vanecek likely to be exposed? Unless there's some kind of agreement on the table I'd tend towards drafting one of them if I'm Seattle.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Timothy Jimothy Lief Oshie, or for short TJ Oshie

Hmm...interesting. According to Timothy Leif Oshie, it doesn't stand for anything. Here's your source: Ask a Player: T.J. Oshie. If you scroll down to question 10, he says this:

Timothy Leif "TJ" Oshie said:
My first name is Timothy and my mom, when I was really young, watched the movie “The Champ” and the little boy in the movie’s name is T.J. She liked it and figured it would work out. The “J” actually (doesn’t stand for anything). Just something my mom gave me.

But I'm sure you know better than the man himself.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
It all seems pretty fishy to me. I believe some teammates call him Tim Jim
Cool. You can choose to not believe Timothy Leif Oshie if you care not to; it really doesn't affect my life one way or the other. I'm simply trying to ensure that you have the correct information at hand should you choose to want it.

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Cool. You can choose to not believe Timothy Leif Oshie if you care not to; it really doesn't affect my life one way or the other. I'm simply trying to ensure that you have the correct information at hand should you choose to want it.
Yes I believe you, it just seems very mysterious

Reactions: bobalo16

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
They are not taking a player just because he's local. Stop it.

Vegas didn't get that the dude on Wild who's from Vegas. I forgot who that was.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
He has a NTC so I think he is protected.
Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but my understanding was that only NMCs must be protected unless the player waives and NTCs do not need to be protected because it only protects them from a trade. I could be wrong.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Man, I cannot believe his middle name is Jimothy and no I will not read this thread or be disabused regarding this matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad