Will Timothy Jimothy Oshie be drafted by the Kraken?

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
No, he's not.

His age, cap hit and term aren't all that enticing to an expansion team.

But most importantly, the Caps won't expose him given that he was one of their better players and them wanting to stay in contention as long as they have Ovechkin.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
A year ago I’d say yes. I think the Caps would rather trade Kuznetsov and save Oshie at this point

That’s a great idea, to trade Kuznetsov, but seriously who is going to want him for another 4 years at his Cap hit?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
If someone looks at Washington's struggles and determines that Oshie is part of the problem, I'm not sure what to say. Oshie always brings it.

As a Pens fan I sure hope the Caps expose him, but I sincerely doubt they're that stupid.

Last edited:

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
If I were Seattle I would simply stay away from a 34 year old with 4 years left on his contract at a 5.75M cap hit

You do realize the team is basically required to take on contracts that fans would not like... So i find it nonbelievable that if you were the GM that you make such a decision that you wouldn't take oshie if he was exposed. Here's the thing you wouldn't be GM or GM at all for any team if that was how you were making decision on in terms of designing the roster. You can't have a roster that's only cheap contracts.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I really hope we keep TJ and we trade Kuznetsov instead.

Oshie has some gas left in the tank, he had a big year for Washington this season. His teammates love him and he’s a proven playoff performer.

Dabeast

Jun 13, 2014
South Florida
You do realize the team is basically required to take on contracts that fans would not like... So i find it nonbelievable that if you were the GM that you make such a decision that you wouldn't take oshie if he was exposed. Here's the thing you wouldn't be GM or GM at all for any team if that was how you were making decision on in terms of designing the roster. You can't have a roster that's only cheap contracts.
why

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad