OT: Will the Oilers break the Pens' 17-game win streak record?

When does this Oilers win streak stop?

• Total voters

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
The Pens' winning streak was great while it lasted, and it reflected that team's talents, but ultimately it was a no-never-mind as they lost 4/7 to the ****ing Islanders soon thereafter in the playoffs.

So, I couldn't care less if the Oilers win 18 or more in a row.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
How much of the Oilers streak is due to the coaching change? How much is it due to McDavid and Draisatl getting their act together? How much is it due to them getting goaltending that doesn't resemble week-old roadkill?

I doubt anyone can definitively determine the answers to those questions.

I also don't think anyone knows how good or bad of coaches Jay Woodcroft or Kris Knoblauch are because of Edmonton's unique roster composition.

I bet Vegas beats them to stop them just short.
Sounding pretty defensive there DP.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The Pens' winning streak was great while it lasted, and it reflected that team's talents, but ultimately it was a no-never-mind as they lost 4/7 to the ****ing Islanders soon thereafter in the playoffs.

So, I couldn't care less if the Oilers win 18 or more in a row.
That was on the heels of winning B2B cups, still, pretty nice accomplishment. That was a great team. Tough loss to the Isles to be sure.

Sorry Oilers. lol

• Haha
Reactions: AuroraBorealis

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Oilers when it matters:

RzYI2ciX2H4s5XaXuw-XkFhi090=.gif

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
That is completely insane.
Do yourself a favor and look at Mario’s game logs sometime on hockey reference. I think 88-89 he never goes more than 2 weeks between hat tricks.
Any stat, fact, story or highlight of Mario is completely f***ing insane, my one regret was I never got to see him live, anytime he came here to DC was either kicking cancer's ass, hurt, sat out to rest or retired.
The thing I remember most about Lemieux is not the games where he utterly dominated… it was the games where it looked like he never really got it going, wasn’t handling the puck well, and then you’d look at the box score and see he had a casual two assists. It’s hard to articulate how good he was.

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
Any stat, fact, story or highlight of Mario is completely f***ing insane, my one regret was I never got to see him live, anytime he came here to DC was either kicking cancer's ass, hurt, sat out to rest or retired.
I feel lucky being from Canada that I actually got to see a game with Lemieux, Jagr and Francis... Each had two points that night

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
The fact he returned the day of his last treatment was nuts, the fact he came back, won back his scoring title by 12 points and helped the team set the wins record is even more unreal, he isn't human.

He went for 1g1a in that comeback game too.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Screenshot_20240207_103929_Chrome.jpg

Being on the west coast growing up, i finally got to my first ever NHL game on this date. Just look at the f***ing who's who of legendary players i got to see score. FML, going to be chasing that high forever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad