Will the habs still have the worst prospect pool after the 2018 draft?

After 2018 draft habs prospect pool

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Have you seen SJ's prospect pool? Add in the fact they have one 1st, one 2nd, and one 3rd in the next two drafts?

Eeee.
Not too happy about that now, but I'm sure we're going to pick up another 1st or 2nd somehow. Likely the latter. We've just graduated some solid prospects, we're fairly young (in transition). I'm not too worried. So I agree it's not likely to improve dramatically, quickly, but it's not the end of the world.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
They aren't even the worst right now, let alone after the draft, where they have a plethora of high draft picks. Dumb poll.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
No. This should be a draft for Montreal fans to look back on as a turning point.
Never count Bergevin out. Wasn't there another draft - 2012 I believe where everyone thought they destroyed the draft with Gally, Collberg, Bozon and maybe another player?.

Although I don't even think Bergevin can screw up all these picks.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
They don’t currently so won’t after the draft. They do however have the most imbalanced roster in the nhl with the worst centre group in the league.

I’ve seen Mete play a few times and was fairly impressed. Can any Habs fans give more detail as to what role he will play next year and what his realistic potential projects to be?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yes because I don't expect them to use those 4 2nd round picks I expect MB to get desperate to save his job and mortgage what little bit of prospect capital he has and make a deal for ROR or another center.

That's fine if you are a team like Toronto Boston or Tampa and you are looking for the piece to put you over the top.

Or if you are Pittsburgh and you have 2 top 10 players in the world.

Montreal doesn't have that they are a team filled with holes both at NHL and minor league levels

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Yes because I don't expect them to use those 4 2nd round picks I expect MB to get desperate to save his job and mortgage what little bit of prospect capital he has and make a deal for ROR or another center.

That's fine if you are a team like Toronto Boston or Tampa and you are looking for the piece to put you over the top.

Or if you are Pittsburgh and you have 2 top 10 players in the world.

Montreal doesn't have that they are a team filled with holes both at NHL and minor league levels
Wait I thought a piece wouldn’t put Tampa over the top, aren’t the lightning on the decline?

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
I'm not sure what I love more.........the Habs having a horrible, rotted core, full of crippling, long-term contracts and aging players on the decline? Or the Habs having arguably the worst prospect pool in the entire NHL?

How about the Habs having both those things at the same time? WOO HOO.

:)

Reactions: lifelonghockeyfan

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
I'm not sure what I love more.........the Habs having a horrible, rotted core, full of crippling, long-term contracts and aging players on the decline? Or the Habs having arguably the worst prospect pool in the entire NHL?

Hopefully the habs can have a good prospect pool and the leafs can finally make it out of the second round. I mean 2004 is the the last time they did that, think about that for a second, let that sink in lmao

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Only if they trade the #3 pick for help this season.

Zadina would make enough of a difference to lift them out of the gutter.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
The Habs' prospect pool is pretty bad, but I don't think it's currently the worst in the NHL and probably won't drop to the bottom after the draft.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Pittsburgh and San Jose are worse

I would easily trade San Jose's entire prospect pool for Zadina and that isn't very likely to change after the draft.

Not too happy about that now, but I'm sure we're going to pick up another 1st or 2nd somehow. Likely the latter. We've just graduated some solid prospects, we're fairly young (in transition). I'm not too worried. So I agree it's not likely to improve dramatically, quickly, but it's not the end of the world.

Right. San Jose's young talent group is far from the worst in the NHL but their prospect pool very likely is the very worst in the NHL.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Hopefully the habs can have a good prospect pool and the leafs can finally make it out of the second round. I mean 2004 is the the last time they did that, think about that for a second, let that sink in lmao

I'm SO HAPPY that someone else is taking over that vital laughing stock spot in the league from the Leafs.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Montreal doesn't have the worst prospect pool now and it'll easily be top-15 after the draft. Terrible poll

Reactions: 99664987

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob

I love the energy and enthusiasm, would like to see it put towards something useful, you could accomplish a lot more

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Considering that two thirds of voters on this forum think their team has 3 or more prospects better than Poehling, and over a third think their team has 5 or more better than Poehling - a number that matches none of the educated league-wide prospect rankings - I'm not sure I particularly care what this forum thinks about the Habs prospect pool...

Reactions: Mrb1p

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Eh? Depends what they do with the picks, but I don't think they will nor do I think they are worst even now.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
they went from the worst, then to maybe the 22nd worse with the boost of the 3rd overall pick.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Sharks are already worse. I think they'll pass the Kings and I might be missing a couple more bad ones.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
They don’t currently so won’t after the draft. They do however have the most imbalanced roster in the nhl with the worst centre group in the league.

I’ve seen Mete play a few times and was fairly impressed. Can any Habs fans give more detail as to what role he will play next year and what his realistic potential projects to be?
Hell be in the top 4 as he was this year, just hope he gets more offensive opportunity cause he had literally nothing. Played really well with Weber too.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This is hockeys future FFS, could people actually care about prospects a bit? Its getting sad how unknowledgeable people are around here.

The Habs are not even bottom 5 at the moment, how is adding 5 top 60 picks going to put them there? It likely takes them top 10 or more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad