Will the habs still have the worst prospect pool after the 2018 draft?

After 2018 draft habs prospect pool

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
They don’t currently so won’t after the draft. They do however have the most imbalanced roster in the nhl with the worst centre group in the league.

I’ve seen Mete play a few times and was fairly impressed. Can any Habs fans give more detail as to what role he will play next year and what his realistic potential projects to be?

He's very good. As the last poster said, he should play in the top 4 next year. He's very fast, passes the puck well and doesn't seem to be a liability on the back end even at such a young age. If you looked at his play with the U-20, then he's expected to play like this in the future. A very safe defensive game first, and then can join the play easily.

Personally, I'm big on drafting Quinton Hughes. I think that having him and Mete on the backend would do wonders for this team. Most people seem to think that having both would be detrimental as they are both smaller players, but I would see it as Montreal building itself a real identity with incredible speed on the backend. Juulsen is also pretty good and more physical. Having those three young defenseman would be a step in the right direction, but let's see what happens.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Depends on how many grinders they acquire with their picks. Bergevin probably moves the 1st rounder for 5 grinders, and the 2nd rounders for 8-12 grinders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad