GDT: Will the Canes need Xiaflex after this one? CAR-OTT

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
God that pokecheck was fantastic. Worth the price of admission. I missed 90% of the game staying with my baby, but I'm so glad I caught the best part live. I do think Pyotr needs to be a wild man in order to play his game. In the same way that Svech needs to be laying the body in order to open up other parts of his game. If Svech or Pyotr plays timid, we're losing that game. We'll have to accept the chaos with Kochetkov as I don't think he has another gear, at least until he is a few years older.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
It would be great if this was that moment where you look back a while from now and say remember that game and the tear we went on and how kochetkov sort of grabbed the spot after that and.....

But you know.... I don't think we are there. Ottawa is a bottom feeder.
Gotta start somewhere. Taking care of business in a game we should win is a good place.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
God that pokecheck was fantastic. Worth the price of admission. I missed 90% of the game staying with my baby, but I'm so glad I caught the best part live. I do think Pyotr needs to be a wild man in order to play his game. In the same way that Svech needs to be laying the body in order to open up other parts of his game. If Svech or Pyotr plays timid, we're losing that game. We'll have to accept the chaos with Kochetkov as I don't think he has another gear, at least until he is a few years older.
I know the goalie has to guess where the puck will go and it's split second, but to me, it almost looked like Pyotr intentionally went after Tkachuk's skates on that poke check and then committed to throw his whole body into it to get the puck.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I know the goalie has to guess where the puck will go and it's split second, but to me, it almost looked like Pyotr intentionally went after Tkachuk's skates on that poke check and then committed to throw his whole body into it to get the puck.

I poke to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been, but mostly I just aim for skates and pray.

-Kochetkov probably

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
It amuses the hell out of me watching all of the whining over this. There's a decent few north of the border completely caught up in their feelings over it
I'd get the backlash if it were a 1 goal game in the playoffs or something but it was 4-1 with little time left and the Canes dominating and never should've been a penalty shot in the first place lol. If I were a Sens fan I'd just chuckle at the situation and move on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad