GDT: Will the Canes need Xiaflex after this one? CAR-OTT

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Well, at least we can't claim "first line Martinook", because any line with both Fast and Martinook is not the first line. :laugh:

The unfortunate part is that TT-Staal-Jarvis is the closest thing to a 1st line.

Reactions: ndp

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Bunting on the 4th line is just the biggest waste of 4.5 million you don’t give a guy that kinda money to play on the 4th line I’m sorry let him get some run on the first line to at least try and develop some chemistry with aho and Jarvis

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Bunting on the 4th line is just the biggest waste of 4.5 million you don’t give a guy that kinda money to play on the 4th line I’m sorry let him get some run on the first line to at least try and develop some chemistry with aho and Jarvis
I think the problem with Bunting is he hasn’t looked great defensively. Rod doesn’t give much leeway when it comes to defensive assignments, screw up a few times and you’re in the shithouse for the foreseeable future. Fast track out of the shithouse, score a goal.

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
I wonder how much of the fwd lines are on Daniels? Obviously Rod has final say, but the game where Svech scored his goal Rod talked in the postgame about Daniels making the switch.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Rod tends to give pretty obvious hints about how he wants people to play. Putting Martinook and Fast with Aho while moving Staal to 2C tells you all we need to know about what’s being said.

Play like the Staal line or gtfo. The root of all our evils is not playing the style to the max all the time. Makes some sense on paper, when we click with the style there’s not a lot of pressure on the goaltending.

The way the goalies have played the other team just needs any pressure at all though.

And we don’t know that these are actually the lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad