Will the Big (Bad) 3 be shipped out?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, i can see them giving Kunitz another chance to prove his worth.
I know they weren't happy with his play last year but if they give 1 of the 3 the chance to stay it'll be him.

As for Sutter, it seems they are really itching to move him. Probably sooner rather than later.

Scuds is scary. They say they wanna go full youth on D but do they mean just letting Martin/Erhoff walk or both that AND trading/buying out Scuds? I dunno.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
I can understand thinking Martin or Ehrhoff should be retained, but Scuderi isn't worth keeping around just to have a veteran presence or whatever

I think at least one will be gone. From most to least likely:
Scuderi (I would be mildly surprised if he's not bought out.)
Sutter (Maybe he stays if the value isn't there.)
Kunitz (If the value is bad they might as well give him a chance to rebound given how weak the FA class is.)

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Kunitz will end up in Anaheim to replace Beleskey on LW.

Watch Etem, Palmieri or Silfverberg coming back in a deal of some sort involving Kunitz. They're all RFAs.

I see this suggested a lot, and it makes sense. However, I doubt any of those guys would be coming back.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I see this suggested a lot, and it makes sense. However, I doubt any of those guys would be coming back.

Definitely not Silf, he's worth way more than Kunitz. I could see them using Etem there. I get the feeling he's not thought as highly of as their other young wingers.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Etem has never really impressed me, mainly due to his tunnel vision. He is young and fast though, he'll probably be a solid third liner.

An Etem for Kunitz swap could be beneficial, but he'd be miscast as a top six guy and people would probably end up hating him if he played there.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Etem has never really impressed me, mainly due to his tunnel vision. He is young and fast though, he'll probably be a solid third liner.

An Etem for Kunitz swap could be beneficial, but he'd be miscast as a top six guy and people would probably end up hating him if he played there.

I'd go after Palmieri. He can at least project to be a 2nd liner with that shot of his. He's just not consistent enough at this point.

Etem just comes off as an extremely dumb hockey player.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

I agree with this. Etem's flaws are why I think they'd be willing to move him for Kunitz.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
I'm going with 2/3. likely scuds and sitter.

and Dupuis is staying for sure, no team is gonna want him and the team loves him.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Definitely not Silf, he's worth way more than Kunitz. I could see them using Etem there. I get the feeling he's not thought as highly of as their other young wingers.

Etem could be had. He's probably the most realistic player without having to add.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
There's probably a viable market for Sutter and he will probably go.

There's probably no market for Scuds and he will likely be on the ice opening night.

There's probably little/no mviable market for Kunitz (other than a 4th round or so) and he will also likely be on the ice opening night.

This was my thinking when I voted we will trade one.

I think we'll all complain about the value JR gets for him but I think since teams will actually want him JR will trade him just for the sake of trading him and getting some different players in the lineup. I don't have a lot of faith that JR will make this team better by trading him but I'm excited to see what he nets for him.

FDR

Apr 27, 2015
What do we seriously expect to get back for Sutter?

I highly doubt we'll get anything of equal value as far as a winger goes, and future draft picks won't help us now. We're stuck in a must win now mindset while Sid/Geno are still in their prime and that alone limits our options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad