Will the Big (Bad) 3 be shipped out?

Chili Goal

Professor of Goonism
May 27, 2009
which is fine... I don't necessarily disagree, but it's not related to what I said. You can believe he'll rebound and be fine, but no one will trade anything for that contract right now. The guy is coming off a major knee injury and has blood clot concerns. There are major risks involved.

yep, I think we're in violent agreement. there is no way he is tradable. but I and a few others (not everyone of course) think he can still be extremely valuable on a contending Penguins team. this guy is the anti-Scuderi.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
yep, I think we're in violent agreement. there is no way he is tradable. but I and a few others (not everyone of course) think he can still be extremely valuable on a contending Penguins team. this guy is the anti-Scuderi.

If you are talking about his caphit, you are spot on.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
He can be extremely valuable to the team.

He can also be detrimental to the team.

It's all in whether or not they decide to sack up and use him correctly, for a change. And not shoehorn him in a role he has no business in. Especially now. Not holding my breath.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

IF he stays healthy (and I mean in the overall "nothing major coming loose and going to his lungs" sort of way) I'm excited about the prospects of him returning. I'd much rather have Dupuis on the team than one of the dozen ****** UFA tweeners.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
He can be extremely valuable to the team.

He can also be detrimental to the team.

It's all in whether or not they decide to sack up and use him correctly, for a change. And not shoehorn him in a role he has no business in. Especially now. Not holding my breath.

That's part of it. Another part of it is the chance of Dupuis missing more time due to health issues and handcuffing the team. If he goes down post TDL, we are in trouble.

I still think he can contribute more than a Scuderi can, but even in a best case scenario he will still be considerably overpaid. Also, I don't see this team being successful with Dupuis on the active roster, unless IC's unlikely prediction comes true, and we manage to move both Kunitz and Scuds.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Well... yeah. Obviously his health is worrisome. But he can absolutely contribute much, much more to this team than Scuderi. But I'm pretty well certain that if you laced up my cat and taped a stick to his head, he'd be a much better contributor than Scuderi.

It isn't fair to compare anyone on this team to him now that Adams isn't a thing. Except MAYBE Lovejoy. And even that is a stretch.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
The pessimist in me expects all three to be back, along with a slew of excuses as to why they weren't moved.

The optimist in me expects all three to be back, because this team is ****ing stupid.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Please pay attention to this post:

Last year people here were guaranteeing that Adams wouldn't be on the starting roster at the beginning of the season. They were sure of it. Few of us kept saying "Not only will he be on it, he will be active Game 1." And then Iron Man did what he did.

So ultimately the answer is - I expect all 3 to be back. I think if you had to put odds on it, all 3 will be Penguins is a heavy favorite. One being gone would be the closest.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

Last year people here were guaranteeing that Adams wouldn't be on the starting roster at the beginning of the season. They were sure of it. Few of us kept saying "Not only will he be on it, he will be active Game 1." And then Iron Man did what he did.

So ultimately the answer is - I expect all 3 to be back. I think if you had to put odds on it, all 3 will be Penguins is a heavy favorite. One being gone would be the closest.

I was one of the people saying Adams would remain. Now I've turned heel and am going the other way.

Stone Cold Stunner to Scuds, Sutts, and Skunitz.

and that'ssssssssssssss the bottom line, 'cuz

Iced

Capp

Said so

stone-cold-steve-austin-double-beer-smash-chug-beer-gifs.gif

Giant Yankee Pens

May 17, 2010

Couldn't have said it better Cole. The main reason they will be back is because they think Scuderi is a valuable PK Defensive D man, Sutter can play well in all situations, and Kunitz is Sids bff.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I think at a minimum Sutter is gone, he's one of the few tradeable assets they have that has value around the league and is expendable. If they want to add anyone beyond the weak UFA crop they pretty much have to trade him.

Kunitz shouldn't be that difficult to move either, it's more of if they want to.

I have no idea how they could ditch Scuderi, but they better be performing some kind of voodoo ritual or something.

Giant Yankee Pens

May 17, 2010
I think at a minimum Sutter is gone, he's one of the few tradeable assets they have that has value around the league and is expendable. If they want to add anyone beyond the weak UFA crop they pretty much have to trade him.

Kunitz shouldn't be that difficult to move either, it's more of if they want to.

I have no idea how they could ditch Scuderi, but they better be performing some kind of voodoo ritual or something.

He's has value and is expendable. But how in the world are you getting a top six wing for him without further mortgaging the future? If they trade Sutter and b level prospect its not getting them a top 6 wing. If they trade a 1st or A level prospect with him, they will be giving up key parts of the future again.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
He's has value and is expendable. But how in the world are you getting a top six wing for him without further mortgaging the future? If they trade Sutter and b level prospect its not getting them a top 6 wing. If they trade a 1st or A level prospect with him, they will be giving up key parts of the future again.

I don't think they can get a top 6 six winger for Sutter alone, maybe a guy like Palmieri that can grow into that role. But they might not even be targeting a top 6 winger with him, if they actually want to change the way the team is structured they could move him for another 3rd line type with a different skillset.

I just don't see how they add anything worth talking about up front without moving him.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I really think there's a chance that no one gets traded. If Sutter can't return a first, they'll probably keep him. Unless they think they can package two 2nds to move into the first round, but that could be tricky.

Who knows if anyone would even want Scuds. And maybe they feel Kunitz could still contribute on the third line.

I'm not saying I want this to happen...but I could see it happening.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Even though I think Sutter will be moved, I'm not in the trade him at all costs camp.

I'd want him moved for the right return, if they traded him for Purcell or someone like that I'd punch a kitten.

Sutter16

Aug 17, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
I went with two of the three being moved. Getting top 6 wingers is supposedly the top priority this summer. Sutter can & will get them that. And Scuderi just stinks, they want youth on the backend. Not a fit here for either. Kunitz is a solid possession player, wouldn't be shocked if he's kept.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010

Craig Adams sticking around didn't have cap implications.

Keeping Scuds and Kunitz around does. Keeping Sutter makes it pretty difficult to upgrade the roster. And you allow another free agent to walk next summer.

No one should be giving this organization the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think it's the same situation.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Sutter probably has the best chance of going. I think kunitz is pretty much part of the untouchable core whether anyone has said it it not. I also think the team is too proud to buy someone out so scuderi will only leave via trade.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Kunitz - I can see management moving him if the right offer comes along. However, I don't think that will happen.
Sutter - I think he'll be traded.
Scuderi - Traded or bought out. Either way, I don't see him being a Penguin next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad