Will Tampa threepeat?

Will Tampa threepeat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Meh, or just throw JT on LTIR, frees up 11M, add some depth and activate him in time for the playoffs !

Lol dude we just went back to back. The sooner you realize you're trying way too hard the better. I'm messing with you at this point and am ready to do my own "Navy SEALS" copypasta because I'm not sure you're catching on

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Meh, or just throw JT on LTIR, frees up 11M, add some depth and activate him in time for the playoffs !
Your sad whining would probably have some value in it if your team didn't pay 22 million for 1 goal in the playoffs.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Your sad whining would probably have some value in it if your team didn't pay 22 million for 1 goal in the playoffs.

Chicago goes over the cap with Kane on LTIR: Bolts fans "It's not fair they cheated ! they abused the cap"

Tampa does the exact same thing, bolts fans "haha stop whining we won"

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Chicago goes over the cap with Kane on LTIR: Bolts fans "It's not fair they cheated ! they abused the cap"

Tampa does the exact same thing, bolts fans "haha stop whining we won"
Oh please do not misinterpret me. I definitely don't want you to stop whining. It makes everything even better.

Sorry if I was unclear.

Souker

Feb 10, 2020
Nope unless they can leverage the LTIR again.
Let’s be honest, if Kuch wasn’t on LTIR most of the season, Tampa likely doesn’t win this 2nd cup due to the less depth they would have consequentially.

Reactions: Ace Card Bedard

bertuzzi2bure

Apr 14, 2021
I wonder if trading Stamkos is the answer here to their cap issues? He would look good with the Islanders.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Their summer looks like it will be shorter than usual with the next NHL season seemingly starting around the normal time, so that will make the recovery from this run tougher.

But compared to previous back to back winners they've played fewer games over their 2 year run because of the COVID schedules, so they're likely less banged up than those other teams were.

I'd say they have a pretty good shot at it, they've got a ridiculous roster and even if there's some cap casualties it'll still be an amazing team.

Last edited:

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
It's so hard to win two in a row let alone three, so part of me says no they won't threepeat but if I also don't see any reason right now why they couldn't. We'll have to see what their roster looks like when next year's playoffs start. A threepeat in the cap era would be a monumental achievement if they manage to do it.

TB has now won 3 Cups while none of the other early 90s expansion teams have any other than Anaheim's win in 2007.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Oh please do not misinterpret me. I definitely don't want you to stop whining. It makes everything even better.

Sorry if I was unclear.

Stating facts and whining are not the same thing, way to deflect though lmao. 30 teams seem to agree that it was clear cap circumvention and a major asterisk next to this win. Only 1 fan base is in denial holding on for dear life. Congrats on the win, but get real.

Anyone pointing out that they were 18M over the salary cap is now "whining" lol

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Yes. Everybody will vote Avs/Canes/Leafs again but to everyones surprise, the 2020's dynasty does it again.
Also, what can you do against fatpat magic? Mans the goat.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Stating facts and whining are not the same thing, way to deflect though lmao. 30 teams seem to agree that it was clear cap circumvention and a major asterisk next to this win. Only 1 fan base is in denial holding on for dear life. Congrats on the win, but get real.

Anyone pointing out that they were 18M over the salary cap is now "whining" lol
The same 30 teams that said no when asked about closing said loophole?

Reactions: J T Money

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I'll say no for now. A lot of could change or go wrong. If someone like Vasilevskiy or Hedman were out of the picture when the post-season rolls around, then I'd say any other team has a chance to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad