Will Tampa threepeat?

Will Tampa threepeat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
I think fatigue is going to catch up to them. The short offseason isn't helping.
I agree. Seen reports that the NHL wants Oct 12th as the season opener date... with training camp and what not that's maybe 2.5 months off, if that, between now and then.

Wouldn't be surprised though if some off season surgeries give them more time to work with though.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
No.

+ full normal season after 2 long runs doesn't make it easier
+ they will lose something good from the roster that they can't replace
+ winning b2b can make you lose a little bit of that extra motivation that other teams have

I mean it's possible, but objectively their chances are well below 50% so voting no is the only sensible option.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Which three peat? Beating the Isles again or the Cup? Jokes aside, probably not. It’ll be insanely tough with other teams are bound to get better while the cap is probably gonna take some guys off Tampa Bay’s roster like Coleman, Johnson, Savard and Goodrow.

UED

May 2, 2021
can't guess without knowing what they do to get under the cap. the same roster would probably win 4-5 more times in a row until they start aging out, they are the best in the NHL at offense, defense, goaltending, coaching and management. I think if they manage to get rid of Johnson the league is theirs for a few more years. For that specific reason I doubt any GM takes him and becomes the bad guy even if they get a couple future 32nd overall picks for it, so I can't wait to see what wizardry BriseBois does. Coleman will be a really big loss though

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Odds are they won’t, but they’ll still be one of the favorites and most likely make it to at least the ECF.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
No. It's really hard to win one cup let alone 3 in a row. The Lightning are also in cap hell and are going to lose several key pieces since they're stacked (don't get me wrong that's a great problem to have). If they can move Johnson's contract-which based on last off-season probably wont happen-they'll have a much better chance.

slapKing

Feb 12, 2020
Canada
I think TB has what it takes to win another cup, just not next year. b2b runs will take it toll, and I think they will retool.

my prediction is they will win not next year, but in 2023.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
No, because the covid seasons are finished and they can't put Kucherov on LTIR for 82 games

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Not only will their team not stay together I suspect a lot of teams like the avs will take a step forward

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
They have the opportunity but they need to be smart and get lucky in picking who to move on from and who to keep.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I wouldn’t count it out, they’re going to be a contender again next year.

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Every team that plays them will bring their "A" game ( see we're worth watching because we played the champs tough ) , short off season ( really short for 2021-2022 season - like only 2 months off ) cap will force them to lose several players ( like Chicago loss some in 2009-2010 ) several teams will
improve just by experience alone ( and go all in on UFA's and at the Trade deadline ). Their more likely to lose in the 1st round next year than to repeat.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Yes, their core is still in their prime. They won't be as good as they were this year but will still be the best.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
They'll have a good shot at it.

Losing a few pieces will hurt but I think their core can make up for it. Vasi is at the height of his powers and that alone is going to make them a tough out.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
They're favorites. I felt very, very good about their chances to win this year. They could absolutely do it again next year - but I will say no, they don't.

I don't think they have the mental fortitude to win 3x in a row. I think somewhere, somehow, they have a lapse at some point and a team surprises them next year. That will have been a lot of games they'd played in consecutive years.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I mean they have to be the favorites, no? I know Vegas odds currently have Colorado as the favorite but how do you get against the team that won two years in a row. The offseason will be telling. Depends how creative Brisbois can be in keeping most assets.

Reactions: Sweetpotato

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’d bet on no… still be a good team, but eventually all that extra hockey catches up to you

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I know Coleman is a free agent and possibly Goodrow? Losing those two guys would be hard, same will Killorn but they also have some up and coming prospects like Foote, Raddysh etc. that could fill the gap.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
0% chance they can keep the current team together, Jon Cooper even mentioned it in his post game.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
Man would I love to see it. The evil NHL 15 gm in me would trade Stamkos to clear up cap space

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad