WJC: Will Switzerland Be Canada's Kryptonite?

I for one hope Switzerland beats Canada.

Canada needs to be humbled in a very big way. Particularly their fans and national pride needs to just demolished. You'd think after losing to Sweden today they would at least eat a slice of humble pie, but no, now I want them to eat the whole damn thing.

Yup.

Why isn't that petes kid playing?

And when i went to go see swiss vs svk, Conz gave up two bad goals, both times they faked going other side of the next, he looked there and they passed back, scored. Not to mention swiss scored from center.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
UniversalRemonste
To be clear your saying canada's national pride needs to be gone is that your point.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
I for one hope Switzerland beats Canada.

Canada needs to be humbled in a very big way. Particularly their fans and national pride needs to just demolished. You'd think after losing to Sweden today they would at least eat a slice of humble pie, but no, now I want them to eat the whole damn thing.

lol. Bitter much?:laugh:

Plenty of us Canadians have given the Swedes full marks for the game they played. Was close all the way, and either team could have won. That's the kind of game I like to watch.

As for the Swiss game, prepare to be disappointed.

JrHockey89

May 13, 2009
Canada will win by at least 4 goals.

I watched the USA/Swiss game and was not impressed at all by the USA's game at all. I also tihnk Conz had to make 4-5 big saves and other then that the USA did not do much to get any chances in tight.

To me it looked like the Americans played with about 70% of the intensity they should be playing with. The Swiss might have had 4 scoring chances all game, most of which were just shots resulting from the Defense not controlling their gaps (i.e. lack of respect/ intensity).

The only reason this game was close was because the Americans didn't have the killer instinct to put it all on the line to get ahead of a clearly inferior opponent.

As a Canadian, I know intensity wont be an issue so I'm not worried heading into the QFs, and frankly I'm much happier to be playing the Americans then either the Russians or Swedes who have actually been tested against quality opponents thus far.

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND
I don't think Canada will have too much of a problem against the Swiss. USA has had the "C's get degrees" mentality, they are doing just enough to get by, and that's extremely frustrating because everyone knows they are better than what they are playing. I think Canada gets past the Swiss and we see a very good USA/Canada game if Canada's goaltending situation gets figured out.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
We will offer to each canadian player a swiss watch ... courtesy takes place even in hockey !

16772_486x.jpg

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Canada will win. They have already shown that they can beat the Swiss pretty easily, but then again this is hockey and anything can happen.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
If Conz gets into his groove, nino actually wakes up, and the canadian goaltending continues to be shaky, the swiss will definitely put in a scare. They aren't afraid.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Canada will win by at least 4 goals.

I watched the USA/Swiss game and was not impressed at all by the USA's game at all. I also tihnk Conz had to make 4-5 big saves and other then that the USA did not do much to get any chances in tight.

To me it looked like the Americans played with about 70% of the intensity they should be playing with. The Swiss might have had 4 scoring chances all game, most of which were just shots resulting from the Defense not controlling their gaps (i.e. lack of respect/ intensity).

The only reason this game was close was because the Americans didn't have the killer instinct to put it all on the line to get ahead of a clearly inferior opponent.

As a Canadian, I know intensity wont be an issue so I'm not worried heading into the QFs, and frankly I'm much happier to be playing the Americans then either the Russians or Swedes who have actually been tested against quality opponents thus far.

Excellent, accurate post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad