WJC: Will Switzerland Be Canada's Kryptonite?

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Only way the Swiss could win is if Conz has another solid game. Which is possible. Huge Conz fan but i'm Canadian so i'll be going for Canada. I just don't want them to win by a lot :P

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
The Germans were all over the Swiss for the final two periods of their game and the Canadians dominated in the pre tournament. This Swiss team just isn't as good as last year's. They're the size of a Canadian bantam team they're so small. I don't expect much of a close game, the American game was close but the Americans' play has been terribly underwhelming in their only tests of the tournament so far.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Swiss will play feisty, but I'd be stunned if Canada doesn't beat them by four goals at least. it'd take a miracle for the Swiss to win this.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
Benjamin Conz is playing well, but there arent enough injuries/suspensions on Canada for this to be a perfect storm for a Swiss upset. maybe if Kassian was still out and Schenn or Ellis was injured - *maybe*

RainbowDash

20% Cooler
Jan 25, 2010
Equestria
I for one hope Switzerland beats Canada.

Canada needs to be humbled in a very big way. Particularly their fans and national pride needs to just demolished. You'd think after losing to Sweden today they would at least eat a slice of humble pie, but no, now I want them to eat the whole damn thing.

dude67

Nov 15, 2010
I am swede and i think Usa will find this group B have much more footspeed and the skill- level couple level higher they group A and i don´t think Usa have been really tested yet the Fins was test but they are not even close to skill level CAN or SWE have in high speed.

Sweden have puck possession play like no one have in this tournament that will be very hard to any team to win.

A team how have puck all time is really hard to play against.

Fabs

Dec 19, 2005

Canada needs to be humbled in a very big way. Particularly their fans and national pride needs to just demolished. You'd think after losing to Sweden today they would at least eat a slice of humble pie, but no, now I want them to eat the whole damn thing.

Prepare to be disappointed.

Klaus

Teemu!
May 8, 2010
Winnipeg, MB

in5wsl.jpg
Get a grip. It's a junior tournament. Losing wouldn't be the end of the world, and plenty of Canadians acknowledged the Swedes deserved this win.

Last edited:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

u mad?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Canada could end up playing the States in the quarters but chances are they will be facing Switzerland.

This Swiss program has been a hemorrhoid for Canadian teams in years past. Be it at the World, Olympics, or World Juniors, the Swiss national teams have almost always given Canada a scare and, in 2006, the Swiss beat Canada in the round robin and ended up finishing ahead of them in the overall standings.

With the recent history in mind and the play of Olivier Roy and Benjamin Conz, am I the only one that is genuinely concerned that Canada may be in for a 7th/8th place finish at the hands of the Swiss, a la the Olympic team in Turin?

they can finish at worst 6th, only 6 team make the elimination round

as for the game, the Swiss can win but everything has to go right and I don't see that happening. I'm just sad they have to play the Swiss, I really like the Swiss, and wanted them to do well

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

**** happens. Wouldn't be the end of the world.

That won't happen.

Canada will beat the Swiss. I also believe they will beat the Americans. They will then face the Swedes in the Gold Medal game.

If they don't play better then they did today, they will finish 2nd.

If Visentin plays well, Canada will win Gold.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
they can finish at worst 6th, only 6 team make the elimination round

as for the game, the Swiss can win but everything has to go right and I don't see that happening. I'm just sad they have to play the Swiss, I really like the Swiss, and wanted them to do well

Same. I love Conz.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
That won't happen.

Canada will beat the Swiss. I also believe they will beat the Americans. They will then face the Swedes in the Gold Medal game.

If they don't play better then they did today, they will finish 2nd.

If Visentin plays well, Canada will win Gold.

And if Lehner plays well? This is Sweden's tournament to lose. I don't think Canada is getting by the U.S. based on their goaltending woes and lumbering D.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
I just got back from the US/Swiss game, and the Swiss gave us one hell of a scare. Conz was sensational and they play a tough 2-way game. Canada should win, but its gonna be a lot closer then we may think

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

And if Lehner plays well? This is Sweden's tournament to lose. I don't think Canada is getting by the U.S. based on their goaltending woes and lumbering D.

Canada and Sweden will meet again in the finals. Bank on it.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008

What there national pride needs to be demolished why that makes very very little sense.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008

Its hard to say sure the states is 4-0 but its not been a great tournemant lots of sloppy play etc.

Stubbs88

Feb 16, 2009
If Canada had cruised through the round robin 4-0 and met the Swiss in the next game, I would be more concerned. This Canada team is not over looking anyone and are playing with an extra chip on their shoulders from here on out.
Canada will win by 3 or 4.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Canada and Sweden will meet again in the finals. Bank on it.

I know you're in Buffalo KevyD but I'm going to say the USA beats us decidedly in the semi final game. ( if we beat the Swiss-which we should)

I hope I'm wrong, but the American speed and Canada's lack of it, Canada's weak defence and of course goal tending will be our downfall.

PLUS we won't physically dominate the Americans like we have other teams.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I know you're in Buffalo KevyD but I'm going to say the USA beats us decidedly in the semi final game. ( if we beat the Swiss-which we should)

I hope I'm wrong, but the American speed and Canada's lack of it, Canada's weak defence and of course goal tending will be our downfall.

PLUS we won't physically dominate the Americans like we have other teams.

Canada will win 2525. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad