Will Panarin be on the CBJ roster as of 3:01 pm on 2/25?

Will Panarin be on the CBJ roster as of 3:01 pm on 2/25?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
:rolleyes: mansplained.

We know this. You know what the poll means.

My guess is yes but I'm sure you BJ fans would be infinitely more knowledgeable than me.

Seems like Jarmo is going all in because right now is his best shot with an impeding elite UFA in Bob and another one in Panarin. But again...not a CLB fan. I'd love to see both re-sign with you guys one way or another but I doubt it happens. I hope these trades pay off because I'd like to see a team that's not in our division win.

Reactions: Johansen2Foligno

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
I'll say No - I think Jarmo paid the prices he did for Duchene and Dzingel knowing he'd get assets back for Bread.
I agree. he has essentially attempted to replace bread with Duechene (sp?) and Dzingel, I think Bread is gone, and now Jarmo has two pieces in Duechene and Dzingel who will be more likely to resign with the Jackets and will recoup what he has traded away on Monday

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Easy no for me and other than potentially Florida, I think he's headed west to Nashville or Winnipeg. One gets Stone and the other gets Panarin.

Reactions: lilfedor

AZRoadRunner

CBJ Tucson
Mar 29, 2014
Arizona
I frankly don't think he's all that worried about the futures given up. If someone offers a haul for Panarin, he'll probably take it, but otherwise I still think he's content to keep him.
This right here. Panarin is gone only if some team offers a King's ransom. Not discounting that might happen, but not expecting it.

Reactions: Gagnefan924

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Heart (the fan) says yes! Head (GM hat) says no. I voted no.

Head says "yes", heart says "THE F*** YOU MEAN YOU GONNA F*** WITH THIS LINEUP!"

Panarin Dubois Bjorkstrand
Dzingel Duchene Atkinson
Foligno Jenner Anderson
Robinson Nash Sedlak

Murray Jones
Werenski Savard
Harrington Nutivaara

Bob, Korpi

Heart says "DON"T TOUCH IT IT'S BEAUTIFUL"

Head says you can win a cup with that, and I'm not talking about "anything can happen", I mean we might even be favored to win most of our series. That's six 20 goal scorers already, easily most in the league. Dzingel replaces Duclair (not Panarin), an 11 goal upgrade, and Duchene replaces Wennberg with a 25 goal upgrade. Add that to a lineup that already has 195 goals and you're now right there behind only Tampa in goal scoring, and I'm fairly certain the Jackets have the most 5v5 goals of any team in their lineup right now.

Yes, you could trade Panarin and "recoup" draft picks, but there's no reason you need a consistent number of draft picks to happen at any given time. Not having a first vs having a first is basically the same as going from 3 to 4 firsts, "constant returns" as we economists say. And why would any team with a lineup like that willingly downgrade for anything less than a King's ransom? Can you imagine Toronto or San Jose trading off for picks right now?

Reactions: Cowumbus and Viqsi

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I hope Jarmo sticks with his plan and holds firm to his extremely high bar. I’d be disappointed if he decides to lower it just because we now have Dzingel and Duchene. I firmly believe we are now the best team in the Metro. I think we’re better than the Caps and Pens and I’m just not a believer in the Isles. If you truly get an incredible offer for Panarin, okay. If it’s “just” what we gave up for Duchene (two decent, not incredible, prospects, a first and a conditional first) I’d prefer to keep him.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Voted yes. I think Jarmo knows at this point that no one is going to pay us what it would be worth to take Panarin off of our roster, considering we are now evidently all in (which is freaking awesome and exciting to say). If you're gonna go all in, do it right and don't half-ass it. This lineup can do it.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Man, I am really disappointed in 16 of my fellow CBJ brethren (as of this post).
How can you believe Panarin is being traded by the deadline??? No freaking way.

GMJK is proving to Bob and Bread that he is building a winner. This not only keeps Panarin here for the playoff run, but might even help convince him to stay here for good.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Only way I see Jarmo dealing Panarin (at this point) to the three teams rumored to be interested is if Eberle+Wahlstrom+1st | Fiala+Tolvanen+1st | Roslovic+Vesalainen+1st are coming back our way.

JK has said time and time again that it will take a massive offer to think about trading Panarin, and that it won't be for just futures. Eberle/Fiala/Roslovic fulfill the "now" component, Wahlstrom/Tolvanen/Vesalainen+picks the "and the future" component.

Plus, at this moment we probably have our eyes set on catching the Islanders for first place/home ice in the first round. So it really should be an incredible overpayment that would make trading Panarin worth our while. If you're going all-in, give it all you've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad