Will Panarin be on the CBJ roster as of 3:01 pm on 2/25?

Will Panarin be on the CBJ roster as of 3:01 pm on 2/25?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Only way I see Jarmo dealing Panarin (at this point) to the three teams rumored to be interested is if Eberle+Wahlstrom+1st | Fiala+Tolvanen+1st | Roslovic+Vesalainen+1st are coming back our way.

JK has said time and time again that it will take a massive offer to think about trading Panarin, and that it won't be for just futures. Eberle/Fiala/Roslovic fulfill the "now" component, Wahlstrom/Tolvanen/Vesalainen+picks the "and the future" component.

Plus, at this moment we probably have our eyes set on catching the Islanders for first place/home ice in the first round. So it really should be an incredible overpayment that would make trading Panarin worth our while. If you're going all-in, give it all you've got.

there is absolutely no chance Panarin is traded to the Islanders. (and if he does then i'll eat crow) but come on, man. IF Bread is traded, you'd have to imagine it's to a team in the west that is in playoff contention. I do believe that the two teams that have the best chance of landing Panarin are Nashville and Winnipeg (in that order).

Reactions: CBJfan4evr and Fro

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
there is absolutely no chance Panarin is traded to the Islanders. (and if he does then i'll eat crow) but come on, man. IF Bread is traded, you'd have to imagine it's to a team in the west that is in playoff contention. I do believe that the two teams that have the best chance of landing Panarin are Nashville and Winnipeg (in that order).

Oh I don’t disagree, it would be foolish to help out a team we may face in the first round. I only included the Islanders here because of a thread on the mains saying they’re interested.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I say yes he'll be with Columbus. In the off season, probably a team trades a 4th or 5th round pick for his rights(maybe Florida) to get the first crack. Maybe becomes a better pick (by 1 round) if he signs.

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Someone out there (Nashville?) is ready to pull the trigger but that trigger finger isn't itchy enough yet. Closing in on the deadline the nervousness is ratcheting up too. I think ( not that I know squat mind you) there's been an offer and there's been Jarmos (big) counter offer and he has stuck and will stick to it get a decent haul for Panarin. A poker game for a star and whatever we're asking for that star.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Head says "yes", heart says "THE F*** YOU MEAN YOU GONNA F*** WITH THIS LINEUP!"

Panarin Dubois Bjorkstrand
Dzingel Duchene Atkinson
Foligno Jenner Anderson
Robinson Nash Sedlak

Murray Jones
Werenski Savard
Harrington Nutivaara

Bob, Korpi

Heart says "DON"T TOUCH IT IT'S BEAUTIFUL"

Head says you can win a cup with that, and I'm not talking about "anything can happen", I mean we might even be favored to win most of our series. That's six 20 goal scorers already, easily most in the league. Dzingel replaces Duclair (not Panarin), an 11 goal upgrade, and Duchene replaces Wennberg with a 25 goal upgrade. Add that to a lineup that already has 195 goals and you're now right there behind only Tampa in goal scoring, and I'm fairly certain the Jackets have the most 5v5 goals of any team in their lineup right now.

Yes, you could trade Panarin and "recoup" draft picks, but there's no reason you need a consistent number of draft picks to happen at any given time. Not having a first vs having a first is basically the same as going from 3 to 4 firsts, "constant returns" as we economists say. And why would any team with a lineup like that willingly downgrade for anything less than a King's ransom? Can you imagine Toronto or San Jose trading off for picks right now?
I'm assuming your vote was yes, MM.:laugh: :laugh:

Reactions: majormajor

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
If Jarmo trades Panarin those other two moves were in Vain. Without Panarin this team goes nowhere in the playoffs. Hopefully Jarmo realizes his best chance to win is now with Panarin on the roster.
You stole him from Chicago. Now you're playing with house money.

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
Head says "yes", heart says "THE F*** YOU MEAN YOU GONNA F*** WITH THIS LINEUP!"

Panarin Dubois Bjorkstrand
Dzingel Duchene Atkinson
Foligno Jenner Anderson
Robinson Nash Sedlak

Murray Jones
Werenski Savard
Harrington Nutivaara

Bob, Korpi

Heart says "DON"T TOUCH IT IT'S BEAUTIFUL"

Head says you can win a cup with that, and I'm not talking about "anything can happen", I mean we might even be favored to win most of our series. That's six 20 goal scorers already, easily most in the league. Dzingel replaces Duclair (not Panarin), an 11 goal upgrade, and Duchene replaces Wennberg with a 25 goal upgrade. Add that to a lineup that already has 195 goals and you're now right there behind only Tampa in goal scoring, and I'm fairly certain the Jackets have the most 5v5 goals of any team in their lineup right now.

Yes, you could trade Panarin and "recoup" draft picks, but there's no reason you need a consistent number of draft picks to happen at any given time. Not having a first vs having a first is basically the same as going from 3 to 4 firsts, "constant returns" as we economists say. And why would any team with a lineup like that willingly downgrade for anything less than a King's ransom? Can you imagine Toronto or San Jose trading off for picks right now?

Its good but most firepower in the league goes to the leafs by a country mile

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Someone out there (Nashville?) is ready to pull the trigger but that trigger finger isn't itchy enough yet. Closing in on the deadline the nervousness is ratcheting up too. I think ( not that I know squat mind you) there's been an offer and there's been Jarmos (big) counter offer and he has stuck and will stick to it get a decent haul for Panarin. A poker game for a star and whatever we're asking for that star.

The best part is, Jarmo can afford to do it. The Sens aren’t keeping Stone, and everyone knows that. They’ll get a good offer, but have to accept whatever is the best offer they get, even if it’s below the one they’d like.

Jarmo isn’t even bluffing with Panarin. Blow us away, or we’re keeping him and making a run for the Cup.

Reactions: hardkorejackets

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I'd say Jarmo's done a nice job of making the best of a rough situation. He's taken two valuable pieces off the market and by doing so drove up Panarin's price.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Its good but most firepower in the league goes to the leafs by a country mile

Leafs top 6 goal scorers have 34, 29, 21, 18, 17, and 15 goals. Matthews missed some games so I'll bump him up - call it 35, 34, 21, 18, 17, 15.

Jackets have 34, 28, 24, 23, 22, 22.

35, 34, 21, 18, 17, 15
34, 28, 24, 23, 22, 22

35, 34, 21, 18, 17, 15
34, 28, 24, 23, 22, 22

Similar results if you add in the rest of the roster, the Jackets end up with more goals. I think Tampa has a few more. I'm not sure how else we are supposed to quantify firepower other than adding up goals.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Leafs top 6 goal scorers have 34, 29, 21, 18, 17, and 15 goals. Matthews missed some games so I'll bump him up - call it 35, 34, 21, 18, 17, 15.

Jackets have 34, 28, 24, 23, 22, 22.

35, 34, 21, 18, 17, 15
34, 28, 24, 23, 22, 22

35, 34, 21, 18, 17, 15
34, 28, 24, 23, 22, 22

Similar results if you add in the rest of the roster, the Jackets end up with more goals. I think Tampa has a few more. I'm not sure how else we are supposed to quantify firepower other than adding up goals.
I want to make a case for Atkinson being the most unrecognized goal scorer in the League, but I suspect Viktor Arvidsson is even more unappreciated. I mean, Atkinson at least has multiple All-Star appearances. ;)

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Given the rumored cost of top-6 forward + 1st + top prospect for rental Panarin and Jarmo's stance of "meet that price or we keep him," I think yes.

I will be disappointed if Jarmo settles and takes a package that is significantly less than his current ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad