Will McDavid reach 100 points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Oh yes, we in Edmonton are aware of how priviledged we are to call McDavid an Oiler. All that's missing is a Cup.

Generational players in any sport that transcend the game always win championships, and McDavid is part of that group. It's GOING to happen soon. Naysayers can suck it, if the Oilers win the Cup I can't wait to rub in the trolls noses here so bad.
CHiarelli set this team back a good 2 years. Holloway is coming. McLoed looks great. $$ this summer.

Gretzky won his first cup 6 years into his career. I think people just look at Crosby and think it should be that easy.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017

Wow, that’s absolutely incredible.

Now he has an 18 point lead on Drai which is 25% and a 26 point lead on #3 MacKinnon which is 40%.

Staggering percentage leads considering some scream how the game can’t be dominated like that anymore.

Awesome to see McDavid doing something that is somewhat in the same orbit as Gretzky, Howe, and Mario.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I never thought we would have a player to come along and rival Gretzky or Lemieux on a skill level, but that time has come in McDavid. My only caveat is it’s a really weird year, with restricted schedule, new divisions with no fans. It’s not the typical climate or circumstances. I’m not doubting mcdavid, but I’d like to see what he does next season in a more typical nhl season.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
I’m not doubting mcdavid, but I’d like to see what he does next season in a more typical nhl season.
Well that's the problem because this could very well be peak McDavid we're watching this year and we'll only get 56 games of it. If McDavid takes a step back and wins the Art Ross with 123 points next year people will dismiss this year as a fluke and point out that McDavid wouldn't have put up these kind of points in a real season... :(

Reactions: RattsSSV

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I never thought we would have a player to come along and rival Gretzky or Lemieux on a skill level, but that time has come in McDavid. My only caveat is it’s a really weird year, with restricted schedule, new divisions with no fans. It’s not the typical climate or circumstances. I’m not doubting mcdavid, but I’d like to see what he does next season in a more typical nhl season.
You mean vs teams in his regular division? Calgary, Vancouver, San Jose, LA, Anaheim and Arizona?

Reactions: iCanada

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Well that's the problem because this could very well be peak McDavid we're watching this year and we'll only get 56 games of it. If McDavid takes a step back and wins the Art Ross with 123 points next year people will dismiss this year as a fluke and point out that McDavid wouldn't have put up these kind of points in a real season... :(

McDavid will be 24 majority of next season.
If this is indeed his absolute offensive peak then it is what it is... but if he follows this by absolutely destroying the league next season he should really start to join the conversation of all time.greatest forward.

Xoleraz

May 4, 2021
He will be do it, he has the Canucks 4 more times or so, so he will get there.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
McDavid will be 24 majority of next season.
If this is indeed his absolute offensive peak then it is what it is... but if he follows this by absolutely destroying the league next season he should really start to join the conversation of all time.greatest forward.
Well McDavid had 50+88=138 points in his last 82 games played and he's on a 149 point pace right now. If McDavid breaks 140 point next year and wins his 4th Art Ross, 3rd Hart and 4th Lindsay in a dominating fashon it's pretty clear that he'll be the 5th best player of all time after that and we'll be talking about the big 5 instead of the big 4.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Pretty impressive, you have to view Bossy, Stastny and Kurri in the context for the era they played in too right? Obviously Gretzky & Mario were way ahead of the curve regardless of the era. Definitely makes you think what could have been if Lindros wasn’t injured so often too. To score at that level while bringing the physicality that he brought had to have been special to watch.

Stop billshitting about era and such. Statsny scoring like that with a new NHL team from the WHA is incredible. Stastny has to be the most underrated player all time. I dont care what you say about brothers and such, there are a bunch of more guys having bro’s on their line.

Stastnys feat is McDavid level. 600 pt in his first 400 games.

Reactions: iCanada

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Know what’s pretty crazy about this McDavid season - he actually has 11 games with no points.

Meaning he has 91 points in the other 39 games...so 2.3 PPG in the games where he’s not held off the scoresheet completely.
So, if we hypothetically say that he would score at that pace all year, since his wrist isn't injured, carry the 1, divide by 2 and multiple by 3.

Yup, still better than Matthews

Reactions: Bored and 780il

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It would be more impressive if it was a regular season, regular divisions instead of this mickey mouse covid divisions

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
What's crazy is Draisaitl hit 90 points in 57 games last season

I think he will put up monster #'s next year. More rest for every team. No condensed schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad